Crooked Gimbal/used gimbal

Reaction score
Hi! So I'm desparate to repair my drone and I have had no luck replacing the yaw arm, i replaced it yet I still encounter the gimbal and camera being crooked (see attached photo). Does anyone know if I should replace the roll arm, as in will it fix my issue? If not Is there anyone looking to sell a used or new gimbal assembly?? Please let me know.
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4602.JPG

Reactions: ShivarenoP3
My exact problem right after gimbal calibration right after recent FW pushed to us. Does yours "find level" when turned off or during (towards very end) of gimbal calibration and then the last left/right turn locks it tilted after just being perfectly level?

My exact problem right after gimbal calibration right after recent FW pushed to us. Does yours "find level" when turned off or during (towards very end) of gimbal calibration and then the last left/right turn locks it tilted after just being perfectly level?

Yes this happens everytime I try to calibrate it.

I have to max out 10.0 sometimes on the manual gimbal roll adjustment. Same to you? Yours wasn't this messed up until maybe 2 weeks ago or so?

So I'm not nuts here. I've seen post after post about tilts during flight which I understand to a degree, but not too many having a boot up being fully tilted. This is driving me insane. I backed down to all 4 FWs offered on the assistant 2 and nothing works. I can't believe a FW update ruined my gimbal. Seriously I cannot think of anything else.

So I'm not nuts here. I've seen post after post about tilts during flight which I understand to a degree, but not too many having a boot up being fully tilted. This is driving me insane. I backed down to all 4 FWs offered on the assistant 2 and nothing works. I can't believe a FW update ruined my gimbal. Seriously I cannot think of anything else.
Yea I understand, this is ridiculous. And the DJI Support has not been a great help either....

So older post and I can't find the "right one," BUT i would like to share what finally got my gimbal to boot up level. Yes, its level. I need to to test a few more times but flight so far has been fairly decent compared to how it was right after the November FW push....

Problem is I can't fully explain how to fix it. Literally this took hours of the worst troubleshooting I have ever gone through.

What I did was boot the drone up and let it warm up to get the GPS ready (not that the gps has anything to do with this i dont think). Then I started my gimbal calibration (please remember or don't that my gimbal issues were so bad I usually had to max out to 10.0 in either direction to get level) right when it started calibrating I actually used the C2/wheel roll adjustment during calibration and no matter what the gimbal thought it needed to do in regards to drifting and tilting I counter-acted with the roll adjustment. Once it hit the 53 % mark the gimbal didn't need to find level as it was already there due to my actions, it finally completed level and now powers up nice and level.

Now I still get the crappy tilt during 360 spin hover but at least I have the full 10.0 in either direction to fix my horizon.

I had to do this sooooo many times. Sometimes I started the calibration at -10.0 or 10.0 or -3.5 or 6.5 no ryme or reason I could not find a common denominator but I've been doing this randomly for weeks (crazy I know) but give it a try if your gimbal always powers up tilted.... it just may work.

I would post a video but I am never doing that troubleshooting again fingers crossed.

Hi! So I'm desparate to repair my drone and I have had no luck replacing the yaw arm, i replaced it yet I still encounter the gimbal and camera being crooked (see attached photo). Does anyone know if I should replace the roll arm, as in will it fix my issue? If not Is there anyone looking to sell a used or new gimbal assembly?? Please let me know.View attachment 74297View attachment 74298

Looks to me like there's a little bit of separation between your gimble housing (part that says Phantom) and the shell. Mine is super tight with no gap. Did you recently crash? Is it possible something inside is not connected from when you replaced the arm?

I know that the phantom 3 has this issue a lot. And I'm not too sure how similar the gimbals are but you might wanna try this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj