Critically low power

Reaction score
Been flying now for 1 year and had no major problems except 5th November
When flying from my back yard too a fire works display about mile away all going ok till I notice that my bird is coming down somewhere Miles away
I the corner off my iPad says ". Critical low power warning" air craft landing???
I'm thinking wtf ??
Lucky I was hooked up too my house wifi and looked on the map too see where it landed
It fell in the middle off an allotment PHEW!!!!
Drove up too grab it, all fine, it landed as it should in one piece.
Thing is it should off come home if battery was low on power but when I picked it up it had 35% power.....hummm
I don,t dare go too far with it now lost my trust in it..
you know what I mean.
Question: can someone tell me simply why that would happen or more importantly would it happen again.
Thxhttp://

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

can someone tell me simply why that would happen
You'd have to check out your flight log to be sure, but I think you'll find the battery voltage dipped too low and your Phantom decided it only had enough battery power left to safely land at its current location.

As mentioned, flight log would show the needed information. Also, the percentage is just a guess by the software as to the current strain on the battery and the amount of charge left. I highly recommend to everyone that they turn on the setting to show the voltage in the lowest cell of the battery as this is far more accurate. When that dips to critical level, the Phantom will start to land. If you were flying back under considerable power the voltage probably drop quickly which put the battery into a lower level.

I highly recommend to everyone that they turn on the setting to show the voltage in the lowest cell of the battery as this is far more accurate.
More details about this can be found here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan