Critical voltage error message

Reaction score
Had a brief flight today in my normal location which is open meadows. After just a few brief moments I saw a 'critical voltage error' message and the phantom immediately started to land. Having rebooted and trying again, the same message was displayed. The battery was around 54% and has only had 40 flights or so. I noted a few days ago that my battery live indicator, had dropped from 100% to 93%. Today that has dropped now to 89%. Having discharged the battery to 10% and recharging the battery fully, the battery report screen in DJI GO, it indicates the following for the cells: 4.25v, 4.31v, 4.28v, 4.31v. Any thoughts on what the issue might be great fully received. The battery has been discharged several times and the auto discharge is set for three days.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441978034.359488.jpg

Please try uploading your flight records to HealthyDrones.com. Almost all of your battery questions can be analyzed for free there.

Something amiss here. I have just flown my phantom on a brand new battery and still got the critical voltage error. I have checked the housing and pins in the body of the phantom and all looks well. I'm left wondering if this is a firmware update bug?

Something amiss here. I have just flown my phantom on a brand new battery and still got the critical voltage error. I have checked the housing and pins in the body of the phantom and all looks well. I'm left wondering if this is a firmware update bug?

Ok you 1st need to know that this message needs to be taken seriously. This is also one issue that will cause in flight problems that you would rather not see. If this happening with both batteries, rather then trying to go down a list, it will better to start over fresh.

Activate the app and select the small Plane icon in the upper left corner. This takes you to your Flight Record page where you select the Cloud icon in the upper right corner. Next select Start Synchronization. You must have WiFi access at the time of running this process. This only needs to be done IF you want to keep the flight logs that have yet to be sync'd. If the each flight has white cloud to the far right, this means that flight has already been sync'd.

At this point close the app. Next go to the device Settings, select it and look for the Apps section. Select it and look for the Go app. Select it, and then select Uninstall. Close and return to desktop. Next will need to download and install a fresh copy of the most current GO app version. Go to dji.com and download a fresh copy and install. Open app and adjust settings. Select the Gimbal section and calibrate gimbal. With power off on aircraft calibrate the R/C Sticks and Thumb Wheel. Next go to MC Settings page, open Sensors and visually inspect each value box to the right of word Mod. If anything appears not normal then level the aircraft and sit on level surface without and metal of any kind near the aircraft and run a IMU Calibration. At some point you will want to come back and run another calibration when the aircraft is cold.

Next before flight and after the aircraft has warmed up, you will need to Calibrate Compass. At the end of this process you should only see a green flashing light. If you flashed yellow the calibration failed and you will need to run the process again.

Other then tweaking the aircraft settings, you are now good to go.

I have since flown again (tentatively) with two full batteries and haven't experienced any problems. It's seems possible that my problems may have been down to a firmware bug and/or starting a flight without fully charged batteries. I haven't yet had the time to follow FlyNFrank's process but I plan to do this coming weekend. Right now, all seems normal again, fingers crossed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl