P3 Firmware Critical RTH issue confirmed by DJI

Reaction score
I lost my P3S when I clicked RTH using litchi in March 29 2016 using DJI Go firmware 2.7.0. My P3P crashed yesterday when using litchi using the same 2.7.0. P3P owners can't upgrade to new IOS version due to RC firmware issue with the new version.

So I searched the web for what could be going on and this showed up as critical message from the developers of AutoPilot
---------------
April 6 2016
Critical: There is currently an issue with the latest firmware that prevents the aircraft from executing RTH after signal loss when using Autopilot (or any SDK app). DJI has confirmed that this issue will be corrected in the next firmware release.
Check posting
Flight School - Autoflight Logic
---------------
Please let other iOS p3p owners using litchi or other sdks know of this issue as they may lose their birds like I did.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2.7.0 isn't the latest dji app

2.7.0 isn't the latest dji app
Version 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 (IOS iPad mini 4) has an issue with the p3p RC for IOS. We need to use the same firmware versions for RC, aircraft and battery, so DJI automatically takes me to this version (click the graduation icon on DJI go for 4 seconds to auto synch firmware upgrade)

March 29 P3S - Lost signal with Litchi - RTH failed. P3S iOS pilots should now be ok with new firmware.
April 29 P3P - RTH fail IOS firmware 2.7.0 w Litchi

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

March 29 P3S - Lost signal with Litchi - RTH failed. P3S iOS pilots should now be ok with new firmware.
April 29 P3P - RTH fail IOS firmware 2.7.0 w Litchi

Yes but failed how? waypoint mission? Attempted RTH by you? Lost signal?

P3P: RTH failure after lost signal on WayPoint, still on 2.7.0.

P3S: Bought a new P3S, upgraded to 2.7.2, no more issues.

P3P: RTH failure after lost signal on WayPoint, still on 2.7.0.

P3S: Bought a new P3S, upgraded to 2.7.2, no more issues.
Ok... you are suggesting the DJI GO app vesion on iOS ws the issue. That cant be the case. When you are flying with Litchi the GO app is not interacting with the phantom. You dont even need it installed.

The issue with autopilot is a firmware issue and not yet resolved by a DJI update. It does not effect Litchi.

Please read my posting again. I'm not "suggesting" I'm reposting what developers from autopilot discovered and posted this month, which, again, it is not limited to autopilot but with all sdks, and that it would be fixed with a new Dji go firmware. Again I'm not "suggesting" or making alarms, I'm attempting to be of service to other members, specially after I lost one a P3S and crashed my P3P due to RTH issues. For more technical
Information of how the glitch was discovered you may follow the link and ask a developer directly.

Please read my posting again. I'm not "suggesting" I'm reposting what developers from autopilot discovered and posted this month, which, again, it is not limited to autopilot but with all sdks, and that it would be fixed with a new Dji go firmware. Again I'm not "suggesting" or making alarms, I'm attempting to be of service to other members, specially after I lost one a P3S and crashed my P3P due to RTH issues. For more technical
Information of how the glitch was discovered you may follow the link and ask a developer directly.

It has nothing to do with DJI go. It is an issue with the firmware on the phantom. It does not effect Litchi.

Omg I give up explaining after this time. SDK means Software Development Kit around a platform, which means apps developed from the DJI app coding, which includes litchi, autopilot, 3D FPV ... No more explanations, ok? :)

Omg I give up explaining after this time. SDK means Software Development Kit around a platform, which means apps developed from the DJI app coding, which includes litchi, autopilot, 3D FPV ... No more explanations, ok? :)

I think it is well understood what an SDK is. Although it's probably misleading to say it allows apps to be developed from the DJI coding as you have suggested. The SDK allows developers to create code to interact with the phantom, the code does not have to mirror the GO app. It seems not to expose all the features provided in the GO app either.

This issue is not in the SDK. It is in the aircraft firmware.

Litchi isn't effected the way autopilot currently in where Autopilot fails to execute RTH on signal loss. There must be al lest a dozen threads on this board confirming that. Autopilot runs a custom flight controller requiring constant communication with the AC in flight, that's what allows the awesome features not in other apps in Waaypoint mode. Litchi implements LCMC and completes the mission with signal loss. autopilot will hover in position untill critical battery level reached then attempt to fly home.

Ok... you are suggesting the DJI GO app vesion on iOS ws the issue. That cant be the case. When you are flying with Litchi the GO app is not interacting with the phantom. You dont even need it installed.

The issue with autopilot is a firmware issue and not yet resolved by a DJI update. It does not effect Litchi.
I'm not "suggesting" I'm recreating what developers from autopilot found, and according to their statement (link is attached) it is not limited to autopilot
I think it is well understood what an SDK is. Although it's probably misleading to say it allows apps to be developed from the DJI coding as you have suggested. The SDK allows developers to create code to interact with the phantom, the code does not have to mirror the GO app. It seems not to expose all the features provided in the GO app either.

This issue is not in the SDK. It is in the aircraft firmware.

Litchi isn't effected the way autopilot currently in where Autopilot fails to execute RTH on signal loss. There must be al lest a dozen threads on this board confirming that. Autopilot runs a custom flight controller requiring constant communication with the AC in flight, that's what allows the awesome features not in other apps in Waaypoint mode. Litchi implements LCMC and completes the mission with signal loss. autopilot will hover in position untill critical battery level reached then attempt to fly home.

Correct. I didn't say it was a litchi issue, did I? It was said it was a firmware issue that would be resolved w the new firmware. The posting was from April 6. I lost my P3S due to RTH failure while on a Litchi mission, that happened with the March firmware. I bought a new P3S and no more RTH failure while flying Litchi. My P3P however is still "stuck" w the 7.2.0 firmware, and RTH failed yesterday.I have no clues as to why it happened, I lost my confidence on the DJI software development team. Honestly.

No, you said it was a DJI GO firmware issue LoL.... It's all good. We are on the same page. Now you need to work out why you are having issues with RTH, it's not the autopilot issue (doesn't effect litchi). Have you uploaded your .txt flight log file to healthy drones?

The flight which I lost the P3S I could not find at healthy drones, only the one prior, strange. I will check the one from yesterday. lol. I'm not an expert but my intentions were good, my word :)

Reactions: g4sho
The flight which I lost the P3S I could not find at healthy drones, only the one prior, strange. I will check the one from yesterday. lol. I'm not an expert but my intentions were good, my word :)

Thanks for the info, I understand perfectly what you were saying and I am a complete newbie.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj