Critical low battery override?

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off critical low battery? Or override it?

Every once in a while I get to 10% but would still want to hand catch it but rth stays on

You cannot turn it off. You can only set the percentage it activates at in the DJI GO app.

FYI, it's really not a good idea to fly the battery down to 10%. 25%-30% is a much safer range.

I know but only having 2 batteries makes it tough. The last time I did it was about 20 feet above the ground ready to hand catch but then I had to let it land itself. I have another battery coming tho

Just another reason why only to hand catch when it's necessary.. Not because it's the pro thing to do.

Not directing that at OP Btw.

Just another reason why only to hand catch when it's necessary.. Not because it's the pro thing to do.

Not to get off topic but I'd much rather hand catch than risk the bird tipping over on impact but there are many threads on hand catching....

Reactions: SolidP
Is there a way to turn off critical low battery? Or override it?

Every once in a while I get to 10% but would still want to hand catch it but rth stays on
You can override it, but you have to use full up left throttle while you maneuver it to yourself. It won't ascend, but it will stop the descent, and allow you to take control of it. Make sure you have enough altitude before it gets to 10%!

93 flights and ive yet to let it land on ground.i hand catch every time,its safer imo

Each to there own but hand catching if you get it wrong is dangerous for person hand catching.

Never understood the need to if you have the skill to land gently.

Flying to 10% of battery, is like not calibrating the quad. Check your settings, one day it will fall out of the sky, or fly to the last location it was calibrated. GL

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I could hand launch my quads I would. I hate the dirt and debris that's kicked up sometime when taking off and landing. These birds are marvelously stable, I just park it at around 7' and grab a skid. I've never come close to an incident.

If I could hand launch my quads I would. I hate the dirt and debris that's kicked up sometime when taking off and landing. These birds are marvelously stable, I just park it at around 7' and grab a skid. I've never come close to an incident.

Hand launching is not that difficult either, with the new Auto-Takeoff slider. Turn on the battery and warm up on level ground, or while holding the craft level in both hands, with the Tx hanging on a neck-strap. Once you get the "Green light", tap the Take-Off button in the app with one finger, and then drag the slider from left to right, while holding the aircraft level in your other hand. Once the props spin up, slowly release and add throttle.

Hand launching is not that difficult either, with the new Auto-Takeoff slider. Turn on the battery and warm up on level ground, or while holding the craft level in both hands, with the Tx hanging on a neck-strap. Once you get the "Green light", tap the Take-Off button in the app with one finger, and then drag the slider from left to right, while holding the aircraft level in your other hand. Once the props spin up, slowly release and add throttle.
Thank you Mr Gatget.... i have a launch position in mind (steel reinforced concrete) on the proceed with caution list- suspected compass issues. I think this will be my solution. I know all will be good once up in the air, will give your nethod a crack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31