Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Critical energy level despite 35%

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Harabergsmannen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Harabergsmannen

Took my bird up to show a friend today. Battery at about 50% at start. Then after just a minute or so, alarm went off: critical energy level, and the p3p auto landed. At that time battery was still at 35%! Any ideas? Read somewhere that this may happen when starting with less than full battery. True, or is it another iOS 9 bug?

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd run your log through healthy drones and see what is states about the battery.

3. AlphaZeroOne

It happened to me just once and like you I started with depleted batteries. The manual does state that you should always start with fully charged batteries and, as this was the only time that I hadn't, I think that there must be something about this situation. It's never occurred before and since that one flight.

4. Ti22

I tend to avoid P3/P2 battery discussions but as a matter of course you should never, ever expect reliable flight performance operating any RC Lipo around 50% indicated. The gauging software and circuitry just isn’t that accurate.

Plus, if there’s one cell with slightly higher IR than the others it can/will sag enough to go into LVP (low voltage protection).

As the manual states begin flights with full charge only.

BigAl07 likes this.
  5. Signals

True.