Critical energy level despite 35%

Reaction score
Took my bird up to show a friend today. Battery at about 50% at start. Then after just a minute or so, alarm went off: critical energy level, and the p3p auto landed. At that time battery was still at 35%! Any ideas? Read somewhere that this may happen when starting with less than full battery. True, or is it another iOS 9 bug?

I'd run your log through healthy drones and see what is states about the battery.

It happened to me just once and like you I started with depleted batteries. The manual does state that you should always start with fully charged batteries and, as this was the only time that I hadn't, I think that there must be something about this situation. It's never occurred before and since that one flight.

I tend to avoid P3/P2 battery discussions but as a matter of course you should never, ever expect reliable flight performance operating any RC Lipo around 50% indicated. The gauging software and circuitry just isn’t that accurate.

Plus, if there’s one cell with slightly higher IR than the others it can/will sag enough to go into LVP (low voltage protection).

As the manual states begin flights with full charge only.

Reactions: BigAl07
Took my bird up to show a friend today. Battery at about 50% at start. Then after just a minute or so, alarm went off: critical energy level, and the p3p auto landed. At that time battery was still at 35%! Any ideas? Read somewhere that this may happen when starting with less than full battery. True, or is it another iOS 9 bug?
True.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20