Critical battery problem

Reaction score
Hi, I fly a P2 Vision, and have the following issue.

I bought an original battery, second hand, on my laptop is shows fine.
However when I fly, it starts fine, after a minute or so, it tells me critical battery.

De Drone comes down, controlled, and on my phone, it tells me the batterylevel is near to dead.

I cleaned contact points in battery, and also the 2 small points on the electric board of the battery.

Anyone, some other ideas?

BR Eric

I'd try running it down to zero and then recharge of still doing it it's bad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

What do the cells look like? Are they balanced? I'm just wondering what you mean when you say "on my laptop is shows fine"

You could do a print screen (pr sc), paste it in paint, save it and post it if you wanted...

What do the cells look like? Are they balanced? I'm just wondering what you mean when you say "on my laptop is shows fine"

You could do a print screen (pr sc), paste it in paint, save it and post it if you wanted...

Prinsscreen af the battery.

BR Eric
Schermafbeelding 2016-01-17 om 19.39.12.png

Cell 1 looks off. I'd deep discharge it as gordhunt implies above. You're almost at 20 anyway. Then test it at very low altitude. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll fix itself on the deep discharge.

Hi,
Thanks for the idea's

Is there a specific way to complete discharge, or is it simply startup drone, with no props, and let it run until its empty?

BR Eric

You could search and read about deep discharges. Lots of people have opinions. I like to follow what the manual recommends.

You don't want to run it until it's empty because then you'll have to buy a new battery. But apparently that is impossible. The battery is programmed to shut itself off when it reaches a certain point.

Your manual tells you to run it like you described until the battery shuts itself off. This will be "below 8%" per the manual.

You could also get a P2 battery discharger on eBay which will do the same thing without having to run the motors on your Phantom. It uses a small bright light bulb.

Once you deep discharge it, charge it back up immediately (but what I like to do is take a quick screen shot of the battery data first and record it in a log of my own).

You could search and read about deep discharges. Lots of people have opinions. I like to follow what the manual recommends.

You don't want to run it until it's empty because then you'll have to buy a new battery. But apparently that is impossible. The battery is programmed to shut itself off when it reaches a certain point.

Your manual tells you to run it like you described until the battery shuts itself off. This will be "below 8%" per the manual.

You could also get a P2 battery discharger on eBay which will do the same thing without having to run the motors on your Phantom. It uses a small bright light bulb.

Once you deep discharge it, charge it back up immediately (but what I like to do is take a quick screen shot of the battery data first and record it in a log of my own).

Hi,

I'll conect it to a small 12V lightbulb next week and let it run until the light switches off.
After that I recharge immediately, and will make a screenshot of the battery after that.

Many thanks for your help, I'll inform you about the outcome then.

BR Eric

Personally, I would purchase a battery discharger which is specifically designed to do the deep discharge for that LiPo.

Good luck.

Hi, yesterday I completely discharged the battery, and recharged it today.... seems to have solved the problem, as I made a short flight today....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj