Credit card blocked my DJI on-line purchases

Reaction score
Amegy Bank and Capital One Credit cards will no longer approve any purchases from the DJI online store.

Maybe get another credit card? I don't own or recognize either of those as being major players, except Capital One does a lot of TV commercials...

I know of a uav shop that will no longer sell online & only to clients that special order due to the amount of online fraud that they were dealing with.

Maybe get another credit card? I don't own or recognize either of those as being major players, except Capital One does a lot of TV commercials...
I'm sure these are not the only commercial institutions denying DJI direct transactions.

The reps from Amegy and Capital One told me that it was due to the high volume of online fraud. One rep told me that in his 3 years of banking experience, he had never before seen a single vendor singled out in this manner.

I tried to buy a phantom 4 online from DJI and my bank debit card and Capital One credit cards were both declined. That's why I spoke with the reps mentioned in the thread above.

It sounds like Capital One declined the charges. Did you call them and ask them to allow the charges to go through?

I really don't think it's legal to decline a sale due to fraud possibilities without reasonable cause. If that was the case, they could decline a purchase for anything. Sounds like the problem is on DJI's side. And like msinger said, call the card companies.

I really don't think it's legal to decline a sale due to fraud possibilities without reasonable cause. If that was the case, they could decline a purchase for anything. Sounds like the problem is on DJI's side. And like msinger said, call the card companies.
It probably comes down the policies in the credit card application that you signed. The company is giving you credit to purchase goods and services which you won't pay for until later; I'm sure they build some discretion into those applications/contracts to allow them to decline a sale and not extend credit if there's a chance of fraud.

Reactions: TWP723
I must have not been clear. My bank debit card was first declined. I called Amegy Bank 3 times. Despite being told the transactions would clear, the transactions continued to be declined. I finally spoke to a supervisor who told me that due to the high volume of fraud associated with either DJI or their intermediary, the transaction could not be approved unless I went to an Amegy Bank and proved my identity. The supervisor said in his 2-3 years, he had never seen this before. He did place a 3-party call to Capital One. The rep there could not approve the transaction there either. I think my best bet is to buy the Phantom from an independent dealer in the states. All this does make me uncomfortable with DJI!

Reactions: flpholt
Isn't it more likely that DJI is declining the card? Perhaps DJI has had trouble getting paid from these banks or the fees are above market norms. I just have a difficult time believing banks would single out a manufacturer.

DJI is not the declining party. My bank and Capital One Master Card chose to decline. The offending party is evidently iflight which may be a DJI intermediary.

Could it be that too many people are purchasing one, take it out of the box and don't RTFM. Crash on first flight. DJI refuses warranty and said noob disputes the charge with their credit card?

Could it be that too many people are purchasing one, take it out of the box and don't RTFM. Crash on first flight. DJI refuses warranty and said noob disputes the charge with their credit card?

I was thinking the same thing, but I wonder how many legitimate claims the CC companies have had to eat when DJI squirmed out of honoring them.

I've seen a lot of horrible examples of DJI's customer service lately.

Reactions: flpholt
It probably comes down the policies in the credit card application that you signed. The company is giving you credit to purchase goods and services which you won't pay for until later; I'm sure they build some discretion into those applications/contracts to allow them to decline a sale and not extend credit if there's a chance of fraud.

Yeah..that's true.

yep bad customer service ill called them first week I got mine for a question after almost a hour waiting on phone was told to read the manual still didn't answer question

Back when I purchased my first P3P direct from DJI in Nov 2015, CitiCard declined the purchase. I had to call their fraud department and confirm my identity and okay the transaction, then they released the purchase. I then had to go back to the DJI website and initiate another purchase, which went through.

I must have not been clear. My bank debit card was first declined. I called Amegy Bank 3 times. Despite being told the transactions would clear, the transactions continued to be declined. I finally spoke to a supervisor who told me that due to the high volume of fraud associated with either DJI or their intermediary, the transaction could not be approved unless I went to an Amegy Bank and proved my identity. The supervisor said in his 2-3 years, he had never seen this before. He did place a 3-party call to Capital One. The rep there could not approve the transaction there either. I think my best bet is to buy the Phantom from an independent dealer in the states. All this does make me uncomfortable with DJI!
Why don't you buy from, say, Amazon for example. Much better customer service, easy to return, etc etc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues