Credible repairs shops - P3A

Reaction score
Hi All,

During a preflight check yesterday evening I discovered a stress crack near one of the motor screws. Unfortunately for me my P3A is out of warranty. From a previous minor incident, a seam on the shell is not perfect. So, I'll need the entire shell replaced (top & bottom). I've been trying to research a few repair shops / companies. I haven't found any place local (Columbus, OH) that repairs drones. Has anyone here used the companies listed below to fix their drone? If so, what was your experience? Did they do quality work? Does anyone know an approximate cost to replace a shell (parts & labor)? Any other suggestions on repair companies?

DroneFly - about $208 plus shipping costs
Drone Nerds - about $219 plus shipping costs
Cloud City Drones - about $148 plus shipping costs
Ohio Drone Repair - about $158 plus shipping costs

Not into diy? There's several good post on how to fix this issue,,you'll have to do some research,,but at least you'll know it's been fix right,,nobody is gonna love your bird more than you,

Reactions: sandman259
Re shell it yourself, $70 new shell and approx 2 hours of your own time there are a number of u tube videos showing step by step on how to do it. All you need is a set of torx drivers and a bit of patience and remember to take loads of pics at each step of the process as these are invaluable in the event of a cockup.

Jump in there and see what makes it tick,,you'll come away with a better understanding of your bird,,just my two cents,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers