Creating a video file.....

Reaction score
Greetings people

Well I've flown my baby 30 or so flights now and got some decent footage and some dreadful footage lol and boy what a blast I broke my altitude record yesterday it's now 198ft lol oh and I travelled 1000ft away lol getting more confidant in the machines abilities boy is it brilliant

Any ways I have edited it together the footage that is (I've used pinnacle studio since version 3 and it's on 19 ultimate now, so I know my way around the software) however this 4K footage what's the best type of file/export to save as if I don't wanna burn to a disc? I just rendered an mpeg4 at 1080p saved it to a usb stick and played it back on the HD TV and it's bloody woeful quality loads of noise artefacts and dreadful rendering and yes I have checked those settings

So what's the best format file to do this anyone got any ideas

When this attempt I'm rendering is done I will check H264 not noticed that before

Will a 4K file play on a non 4K TV ok will it downsize it? I've done loads of editing in the past ten year for holiday vids n stuff but this footage is nuts

Luckily my pc is a MONSTER hehe

Thank you those settings are there I will try them out thank you again

Well the settings there are .mov file which it says is H264 and 1080p HD

There are usually "profiles" in most video editors that let you choose your target output to something like ntsc 1080p, YouTube, etc.

Oh yes, in camera its h264, appologies for my confusing words. H264 is part of mpeg4, and is more difficult to edit. Prores is easier to edit, but larger files. if you are sending them to youtube, you cant tell the difference from 4k and 1080 because of their compression. Its good to record in 4K but transcode to 1080 for uploading. I havce an IMac I use, and it stand up easily to playing 4K, h264

well I have tried all the export types and jeez they are terrible loads of 'fuzziness' and 'pixellation' especially if there is quick movement, yet when I watch the file on my 4k monitor from within the pinnacle studio program they look incredible and smooth, maybe I need to take the plunge into premier pro?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic