Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

CRAZY!! Dji Vsion RETURN TO HOME landing going berserk!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by incredibledrones, Sep 17, 2014.

1. incredibledrones

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGuDH-ZcoM[/youtube]
    This is what happened to Dji Vision with 10 satellites on a RETURN TO HOME landing going crazy!!!!

anyone of you have similar experiences ?

2. HarryT

Why didn't you flip to ATTI mode to take control of it?

3. Uncle Meat

My Phantom v1.1.1 does that same type of hop when landing in RTH mode, but only hops once or twice before it settles down. Never seen one do that many hops!

U.M.

4. rrmccabe

Yea take control of that thing. Flip it back and do the final landing yourself.

As mentioned they will bounce some when they land and the pulsing up and down is normal when the prop air starts hitting the ground.

But I have not seen one hop that much. I assume the hard surface might have contributed.

5. Happyflyer

Allowing it to continue was nuts. Good way to break something expensive. Maybe another, "How do you take control" error.

6. Jayson Hanes

I bet this might be a case of the steel-rebar in the concrete somehow confusing the sensors.

7. MadMitch88

It looks like some kind of futuristic basketball --- perhaps Michael Jordan needs this to film "Space Jam 3" ??

8. Jayson Hanes

you could have just walked up to it and grabbed the landing gear.. next time just hand-catch at eye-level and throttle down until the motors stop.

9. MadMitch88

That's the way I've been landing my Vision+ since Day 1 and it hasnt encountered anything rougher than a gust of air. :mrgreen:

Allowing a Phantom to auto-land is only useful if battery power is too low for a RTH function and it has to land immediately.

10. Fplvert

Ouch that looked painful! :roll: Good thing it was a vision or the gimbal would be in pieces! Hand catch is so easy IMO.

11. sijbren

When I use RTH, I always take over the controls when the Phantom is descending prior to landing. And then handcatch the machine.

12. HarryT

Very wise, although doing a (manual) landing on a smooth flat surface such as the one in the video is completely safe, provided it's not too windy. It's a mystery to me why the OP didn't take over control when it became obvious that it was going wrong.

13. ProfessorStein

Probably because they failed to read the manual and had no idea they could recover control.

Either way, never seen anything like that action. That's pretty bizarre. Rebar in the concrete seems like an iffy cause, to me. a) I've only known rebar to affect the compass. I could see where it might affect GPS under very rare circumstances. But this clearly is not a compass or GPS issue... it's looks to be a problem with the barometer. And a barometer just ain't gonna be affected by rebar, it's mechanical not electrical. And b) if this is, indeed, RTH, than the pilot more than likely took off from this same exact spot... and probably would've noticed odd behavior then, too, if the interference was so strong as to cause what we see in the video.

14. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

That's my initial reaction too, Prof... WTF is up with the barometer on that bird. The processor seemed to have no idea regarding the bird's actual altitude. Weird... :shock:

-slinger