CRAZY!! Dji Vsion RETURN TO HOME landing going berserk!

Reaction score
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNGuDH-ZcoM[/youtube]
This is what happened to Dji Vision with 10 satellites on a RETURN TO HOME landing going crazy!!!!

anyone of you have similar experiences ?

My Phantom v1.1.1 does that same type of hop when landing in RTH mode, but only hops once or twice before it settles down. Never seen one do that many hops!

U.M.

Yea take control of that thing. Flip it back and do the final landing yourself.

As mentioned they will bounce some when they land and the pulsing up and down is normal when the prop air starts hitting the ground.

But I have not seen one hop that much. I assume the hard surface might have contributed.

Allowing it to continue was nuts. Good way to break something expensive. Maybe another, "How do you take control" error.

Jayson Hanes said:
you could have just walked up to it and grabbed the landing gear.. next time just hand-catch at eye-level and throttle down until the motors stop.

That's the way I've been landing my Vision+ since Day 1 and it hasnt encountered anything rougher than a gust of air. :mrgreen:

Allowing a Phantom to auto-land is only useful if battery power is too low for a RTH function and it has to land immediately.

Ouch that looked painful! :roll: Good thing it was a vision or the gimbal would be in pieces! Hand catch is so easy IMO.

When I use RTH, I always take over the controls when the Phantom is descending prior to landing. And then handcatch the machine.

sijbren said:
When I use RTH, I always take over the controls when the Phantom is descending prior to landing. And then handcatch the machine.

Very wise, although doing a (manual) landing on a smooth flat surface such as the one in the video is completely safe, provided it's not too windy. It's a mystery to me why the OP didn't take over control when it became obvious that it was going wrong.

HarryT said:
It's a mystery to me why the OP didn't take over control when it became obvious that it was going wrong.

Probably because they failed to read the manual and had no idea they could recover control.

Either way, never seen anything like that action. That's pretty bizarre. Rebar in the concrete seems like an iffy cause, to me. a) I've only known rebar to affect the compass. I could see where it might affect GPS under very rare circumstances. But this clearly is not a compass or GPS issue... it's looks to be a problem with the barometer. And a barometer just ain't gonna be affected by rebar, it's mechanical not electrical. And b) if this is, indeed, RTH, than the pilot more than likely took off from this same exact spot... and probably would've noticed odd behavior then, too, if the interference was so strong as to cause what we see in the video.

ProfessorStein said:
HarryT said:
It's a mystery to me why the OP didn't take over control when it became obvious that it was going wrong.

Probably because they failed to read the manual and had no idea they could recover control.

Either way, never seen anything like that action. That's pretty bizarre. Rebar in the concrete seems like an iffy cause, to me. a) I've only known rebar to affect the compass. I could see where it might affect GPS under very rare circumstances. But this clearly is not a compass or GPS issue... it's looks to be a problem with the barometer. And a barometer just ain't gonna be affected by rebar, it's mechanical not electrical. And b) if this is, indeed, RTH, than the pilot more than likely took off from this same exact spot... and probably would've noticed odd behavior then, too, if the interference was so strong as to cause what we see in the video.

That's my initial reaction too, Prof... WTF is up with the barometer on that bird. The processor seemed to have no idea regarding the bird's actual altitude. Weird... :shock:

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers