CRazt wobble on desent,,,wobble turing on yaw

Reaction score
hey guys almost had my first crash in a year.........never ever crashed the phantom vision 2....the original phantom differt story LOL.however after this past upgrade/update sunday on a descent coming down the phantom started to wobble very badly...i adjusted the parameters and all seems well

The 2 m/sec descent limitation has been around for something like six months now - it's not new.
Wobbling on descent sounds a lot like VRS brought about by coming straight down through your own propwash.

If you're talking about having a wobbly phantom after the crash, be sure to check your props for damage and check your connections. To help prevent VRS in the future, make sure you zig zag your way down instead of going straight down. I like landing my phantom kinda like a plane, as in I'll descend but in a large circular area until I come in for the landing, then I'll either hand catch it or bring it low, get a steady hover over the landing area and bring it down softly. If the wind is blowing, you can give it a little cyclic to help prevent tip overs as well.

propwash3d said:
i went up on all prameters 25% i think im at 175 for all...
This may exacerbate the problem as the higher numbers make the Phantom more responsive, more sensitive.

Is yours the upgraded version phantom with new motors esc etc?
What firmware is it?
Do you run propguards and original props?
Are you carrying extra payload like a tracker?
Can you post all your gain settings?

I run default on Vision Plus Non upgrade. I think its 100/100/120/140
You need to remember that gain settings is balancing act where by one setting will affect the other. Its like if you adjust too much bass, it will affect the treble and overall affect the music.

I have had the same thing happen twice on 2 different machines...both Phantom Vision+. I will be descending SLOWLY (no where near the limit), absolutely no wind, and the machine will start wobbling violently and crash. The first time almost a year ago, it was from about 10 feet and there was no damage. The second time was yesterday from about 20 feet and there appeared to be no damage other than a single broken prop...and the battery was knocked out of its compartment. However, after I fired it up again, the camera now tilts slightly, which is unacceptable. Is there any way to re-calibrate the gimbal? I ordered a new camera/gimbal assembly last night, but would sure like to be able to use the old one as a spare.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl