Crashes and flyaways inherent in GoPro + H3-2D gimbel???

Reaction score
After reading about so many fly-aways and unexplained crashes in this forum over the last 4 months, I am increasingly getting the wholly unsubstantiated impression that most of the incidents, aside from sheer pilot error, involve Phantoms equipped with a GoPro camera and the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbel, and possibly also with NAZA. I don't think I've read about many such incidents related to the stock P2V, and indeed, my own P2V has flown beautifully right out of the box ever since I got in early January 2014. Am I right? Has anyone kept score?

I had a stock P2 -- flew away. Now I have a P2 with zenmuse, iOSD and Black Pearl FPV. I am very careful how I fly and what I do to prevent fly-aways. I have learned the hard way to take small steps, don't let my ego and sense of exhilaration get the best of me.

BTW: I didn't just get my plastic out and replace the fly-away the next day, I had to save and save. This also heightens my caution.

I am 60% sure my fly away was pilot error, but then there's that murky 40% I am learning about on this forum that explains other reasons like calibration, what to do after a crash, prop guards pro or con, the effect of transmission lines, magnetic fields like speakers which will affect the compass and the re-claibration process plus tweaking the IMU with the P2 assistant software.

Lots of stuff to deal with.

Keep score in your head based on the rough numbers you come across here, nobody's keeping score except the FAA.

The GoPro and H3-2d are the most popular attachments people are affixing to their Phantom's, so you're more likely doing to see more reports of them involved in flyways.
tho mine GoPro was on an Arris CM3000 gimbal.

There's a few websites (one that takes a poll) and even a Facebook page dedicated towards flyways (https://www.facebook.com/djiflyaway)

But seems that true flyways can happen to almost anyone flying any multi rotor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4