Crashed Today

Reaction score
Had a funny one today, did my pre-flight checks,including a compass cal, battery 99%, RC & Wifi battery's fully charged. I took off and hovered at about 6 feet off the ground, all lights ok then it just fell to left and crashed on one of the arm's.

Luckily only 6 foot off the ground, but enough of a drop to bend my Rotapixel rear gimbal support, this meant my camera was off center and leaning to the left.
I checked it over and could not see any other damage so fired it up again and it flew ok, I only kept at 20 feet and just flew out to 100 feet distance just incase, but it just flew normally.

When I got home I straightened the gimbal arm, checked the IMU, but was told it was ok so I now need to fly it again and check it out, don't we just love these birds lol...

Flack

were the motors still spinning? or was it powered down when you got to it, wonder if it was it a battery hiccup or something related to the Flight controller or motors?

This happened to me a year or so ago. I determined it must have been a bad connection with the battery connections. Probably not the main power connectors, but the data pins. I started cleaning both the battery connections and the pins every few flights. Never had a problem since. I use a small eraser to burnish the surfaces so they shine.

My gripe is even if there was a total data connection loss, if the bird still has power from the main terminals, it should continue to fly, at least until you land it. I suspect this has something with battery verification DJI uses to make sure it's their battery. Again, let it fly and land, then reject the battery it you must...

Geo

This happened to me a year or so ago. I determined it must have been a bad connection with the battery connections. Probably not the main power connectors, but the data pins. I started cleaning both the battery connections and the pins every few flights. Never had a problem since. I use a small eraser to burnish the surfaces so they shine.

My gripe is even if there was a total data connection loss, if the bird still has power from the main terminals, it should continue to fly, at least until you land it. I suspect this has something with battery verification DJI uses to make sure it's their battery. Again, let it fly and land, then reject the battery it you must...

Geo

for the terminals on the bird and batteries i use plastic safe electrical contact cleaner, then deoxit .

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj