Crashed today...

Please post your TXT flight log here.

Are you able to get the .dat file, the one where you plug the usb into the front of the aircraft? If so, it will need a dropbox address link.

Exactly same thing happened to me after only a few flights. I thought that "self tightening props" meant they could never come off. Not true! I found one prop about 30m away from crash site. Fell from 20m with gimbal and frame damage. Now I am paranoid and make sure all props are really tight. Also I was flying really slow at the time, stopped and started a gentle turn then she started spinning wildly and plummeted to the ground.

Exactly same thing happened to me after only a few flights. I thought that "self tightening props" meant they could never come off. Not true!
How did you attach your props?

I am new to this and i am starting out, but can this be avoided? For me since i am new i have a pre-flight checklist that i go through and it will take me about 2-5mins to fully check everything including calibration before i even take this this in the air and not really rushing flying an expensive toy, because at that point its a not toy. I guess **** happens lol

How did you attach your props?
I just screwed them on and didn't even think about tightening too much as they were in my mind "self tightening", they were "just firm", not tight. Now I turn about 1/8 turn past firm....sorry hard to describe.

I'm a carpenter and thusly have a good feel with my hands. The amount to tighten the props seems to be very logical to me but I understand that isn't the case with everyone. I think they should offer a torque specification so at least there is something documented for people to make use of if they wish.

Reactions: Blippin
I just screwed them on and didn't even think about tightening too much as they were in my mind "self tightening",

Well Marko - "self tightening" is a bit of a mis-leading phrase when taken literally. I reality it just means that after you have installed them and "snugged" them up by hand that rotation is in the direction of installation and thread locking. As such anything that is self-tightening should continue to have that directional force applied during rotation - much the same as a self tightening hand drill chuck.

You do have to "by hand" screw the props on - then with a thumb and fore-finger of the other hand, hold the motor and just "snug up the props a little more" - rotation should do the rest for you as to stability and securing of props.

Worth taking a very close look at the threads of the props and on the motor shaft to confirm no issues with threads prior to any installation and for you - especially after the crash - do a little forensics and see if there was any issue with the threads (stretched/split hub/foreign material in the threads etc.).

Are you able to get the .dat file, the one where you plug the usb into the front of the aircraft? If so, it will need a dropbox address link.

There is no point in trying to help SteveVaus any further. I extended my hand to break things down with his .dat flight log which requires time, and as you see above he didn't even bother to respond. I have helped roughly 115+ members dating back prior to the P3.

Also djilogs now requires you to pay to convert EACH file now. So I will post a thread about this soon. It's obvious the free days are now behind us.

According to your healthy drones report, there was a motor obstruction warning recorded. This might indicate your motor seized, and the propeller spun off as a result. This could mean, even if the propellers were wrenched on, a crash would have occurred due to the motor fail and the lost prop is a symptom. Looks like DJI will hook you up, if it proves to be a motor fail.

Did it get a ton of sand in it before launch? Any clue why the motor might have seized?

According to your healthy drones report, there was a motor obstruction warning recorded

I couldn't get that report to download - for certain if there was a motor seize it would definitely cause the prop to fly off - even if something from the motor extended up to the prop - same result. Good question as to sand or any foreign material getting into the windings of the motor or bearing.

Come on, Frank. Maybe he had to care for his baby and couldn't hang out all night on the forum? You're always a big help to people (self included). I always try and learn from these reports.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I now know that if the motors were to suddenly decrease revs as In breaking or if a motor seizes, the momentum of the spinning props will provide "unscrewing" torque and props can fly off. Before I knew this (early days) I thought they would only ever self tighten and could never come off. Silly me!

There is no point in trying to help SteveVaus any further. I extended my hand to break things down with his .dat flight log which requires time, and as you see above he didn't even bother to respond. I have helped roughly 115+ members dating back prior to the P3.

Also djilogs now requires you to pay to convert EACH file now. So I will post a thread about this soon. It's obvious the free days are now behind us.
I had to have family dinner - sorry - tell me how to upload the file - I'd LOVE to have your help.

i get nothing when plugging into the usb on the front of the quad. (the quad is powered up, of course) Am I missing something?

use the DJI Go app and under MC settings tap on advanced settings.. then tap on " enter flight data mode " you will see the files on the quad then.... copy paste..

Reactions: Noble 1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub