Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Crashed today, gimble/camera not responding to remote

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Tommy75, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Tommy75

Crashed my P3A today, it bent one of the 4 arms, prop when running is hitting the body, so I assume all I need is a new shell? Also, the camera/gimble is unresponsive to the remote. I found it was "stuck" in position, and gently freed it. But now it appears to be upside down, and still not responsive to remote signals. Also it's getting very hot quickly while turned on. I don't want to force it in the correct position if I don't have to. When the bird is on, and the gimble is loose like it is now, it's wildly moving back and forth, trying to position itself I'd guess. Any ideas on all of this?

Attached Files:

2. bobmyers

You probably have some ribbon cable damage and are looking at a new shell and gimbal rebuild or replacement.. Check with @hunch, he is and expert on these repairs.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

UAV Repair Shop is another good place to call if you want to get it repaired.

4. Tommy75

On that website link, it says if you crashed your UAV cost is $800-$1000?? I can buy a new one for that

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

Where?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Ah. I see what you mean. He's just listing the types of UAVs he can repair. Those are not prices.

7. Tommy75

Where on the site or where can I buy another for that price? I paid $996 for mine, and towards the bottom of the website

8. Tommy75

If it's just a matter of replacing ribbons, how difficult is that?

9. msinger

Approved Vendor

Replacing the shell will be the easiest part. The problem with the camera is that you won't know what's wrong unless you have experience diagnosing P3 camera issues (like Hani and Hunch). Replacing the cable is something most people could do, but the cable is likely not the problem unless it's severed and/or appears to be damaged.

10. bobmyers

It will require some disassembly of the Gimbal mount, removing the old cable and replacing the new. You probably would at least want to watch a video on the process.

11. Tommy75

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll just give that guy a call and let him check it out. On an unrelated topic, why can't I view my flight logs from within the Dji Go app? I found the text files on my device, but when I go into the app it shows nothing

12. Tommy75

I got lucky, tinkered with the cam a little more and got it upright, it's responding to the remote signals again. Got a new shell ordered, thanks for all the help and info

hunch and bobmyers like this.
  13. hunch

Glad it worked bud.
    Let me know if you need more help.