crashed, then flipped on start up, now no start

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new Phantom user and all was going well with my Phantom until my dog slapped it out of the air to the ground. It hit on the left side, maybe front and back motors hitting at once. After the crash I restarted it, but it would just tip over. The led was still blinking green at this point. After turning it all off and trying again, the led just blinks red, green, yellow over and over. Now the motors won't start at all.

I did a compass calibration and the clicking between gps and atti 10 times turned the led solid yellow. I did the horizontal 360 and the light turned green. I did the vertical, front down 360, but the led remains solid green.

I haven't taken the motors off, so they are all in the right place. Seems like the communication between motors is off.

Help will be much appreciated!

Had same thing happen, and found there was some debris between top of the motor housings and the copper coils. I cleaned that carefully and worked fine.

cpfly said:
Hi,

I am a new Phantom user and all was going well with my Phantom until my dog slapped it out of the air to the ground. It hit on the left side, maybe front and back motors hitting at once. After the crash I restarted it, but it would just tip over. The led was still blinking green at this point. After turning it all off and trying again, the led just blinks red, green, yellow over and over. Now the motors won't start at all.

I did a compass calibration and the clicking between gps and atti 10 times turned the led solid yellow. I did the horizontal 360 and the light turned green. I did the vertical, front down 360, but the led remains solid green.

I haven't taken the motors off, so they are all in the right place. Seems like the communication between motors is off.

Help will be much appreciated!

Try an advanced calibration.

Looks like a stuck sensor on the Naza. Sometimes happens after a hard crash.

Connect to Naza Assistant and do Advanced Calibration as mroberts said.

After the calibration, check the XYZ values. They should be 0.0,0.0,1.0 or as close to those values as possible.

If they are way off, you have to unstick the sensors by tapping the Naza M box firmly - on the side when X or Y axis value is bad, on the top when Z axis value is bad.

Good luck.

natscape said:
Looks like a stuck sensor on the Naza. Sometimes happens after a hard crash.
Connect to Naza Assistant and do Advanced Calibration as mroberts said.
After the calibration, check the XYZ values. They should be 0.0,0.0,1.0 or as close to those values as possible.

Can you explain more specifically what this calibration does?
What type of sensors are these?
Is this a calibration that takes place in the NAZA-M?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl