Crashed the Phantom 2 twice, no damage.

Reaction score
Crashed it twice in a large empty park. Both times when it was windy, the drone lost control due to a gust of wind at about 20 feet off the ground. Having lost view of the phantom and looking into my FPV, I thought that it had smashed into bits. But the drone was intact and good to fly afterwards with no damage. Upon reviewing the footage, the phantom had lost control at about 20 feet but still managed to float down enough to about 3 feet before free-falling and hitting the ground.

2nd time was the same scenario..the phantom lost control at 50 feet and started tumbling. I thought that for sure, that it was a goner...but it managed to float just enough on its way down- once again free falling at about only 3-5 feet off the ground- hitting the ground and then bouncing back up to continue the flight. No damage was done.

What I do find disappointing is how easily the Phantom 2 can be affected by gusts of wind. This does not give me so much confidence. Maybe I should have gotten the S800?

Based on your post you should be happy you didn't do that with a S800

Make sure you set everything up properly, compass calibrations, etc.

More than likely it is operator error (no offence).

It was definitely the wind- as you can hear the gusts take over on the video. about 30-40kmph winds. Knowing this, I probably will not go above 25-30 again.

No sympathy for anyone who flies in 40kmph winds - sorry. :shock:

BigBadFun said:
No sympathy for anyone who flies in 40kmph winds - sorry. :shock:
+1

STI_Jaguar said:
It was definitely the wind- as you can hear the gusts take over on the video. about 30-40kmph winds. Knowing this, I probably will not go above 25-30 again.

Ummm... Why were you even attempting to fly it in 30-40km/hr wind? It only weighs a little over 1kg. I weigh 100kg & if I stand on 1 leg in a 40km/hr wind, I'll get blown over too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers