Crashed, remote showing red light?

Reaction score
Had a crash today and now the remote has the red light lit constantly. What does this mean and what do I need to do to correct it?

Drone fell about 12-15 feet, one of the props fell off and the battery was ejected. Also smashed the lens cover (luckily I was able to unscrew it and attach one of my other filters) and now the gimbal guard is harder to attach so I'm thinking something might have bent. Three of the clear clips that thread between the rubber gaskets also broke.. I was able to replace two of them with the spares that were included with the drone.

I was able to reattach the prop and the battery and fly it again but it feels a little off. The gimbal stabilization didn't feel as smooth (maybe I was just hypersensitive post-crash) and it seemed to struggle to hold as steady in the air.

Right now it's grounded for repairs and for me to sort out what else might be wrong. Any suggestions or advice? I was lucky the camera wasn't destroyed because the stock UV cover shattered and was seriously dented.

Thanks,

I woud have said, from the description of transmitter lights in the manual, transmitter isnt connected to aircraft however you have flown it so that cant be your issue.

If you hit hard enough to smash the filter and detatch tue rubber mounts it might be that the camera assembly moved far enough and with enough force do partially inplug the connector on the lightbridge board. You may have also broken the header connection.

Just an observatiion, there should only be two of the platic clips on the mounts.

How did you crash?

Prop hit a tree with no leaves on the way up, wind was blowing. Went down from there, I think because prop might have come loose in flight.

I do know that it is recommend to not remove battery without turning it off first as it will do internal damage to the aircraft. If the battery popped out while on that may be the reason the controller won't hook to the aircraft.

There was a thread months ago that someone had removed the battery in a panic and damaged the aircraft which then would not connect to the controller after that.

I do know that it is recommend to not remove battery without turning it off first as it will do internal damage to the aircraft. If the battery popped out while on that may be the reason the controller won't hook to the aircraft.

There was a thread months ago that someone had removed the battery in a panic and damaged the aircraft which then would not connect to the controller after that.

I did this once while not paying attention..... caused no damage to mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan