crashed phantom, need help!

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I crashed my phantom for 50m up and now it wont work. I replaced the gps because it was cracked and I've done a advanced calibration and it still wont work. When I calibrate the gps/compass it flashes to show its calibrating but it doesn't flash green showing its ready to fly with gps, it only flashes yellow slowly. Then when I try engage the motors the lights flash red 5 times quickly.

is it in a mode that I dont know or is it more serious. Hope someone can help.

Plug the Phantom into a computer and run the Assistant software. Verify the presence of the GPS on the firmware screen.

Was the GPS module that you used identical to the one you replaced?

thephantomguy said:
Does anyone else have any ideas.

Only that five Red flashes indicates: 1st Level Low Battery Capacity Warning.

plug it in assistant again and go to Upgrade tab.
any number in the GPS line like 6.1.2.... or are there all 0's

if 0's then your GPS module is unplugged or toast.

so did you replace the entire gps unit or just replace the ceramic antenna on the gps module.
If you replaced the entite gps it should seem unlikely that you got a new one that is not working.

But if you just replaced the ceramic antenna check the solder connection on the pin to make sure its soldered in good. But some times even with a replaced antenna if the gps board is broken or the connection for the compass. Its toast.

If you replaced the entire gps unit. Then do as the poster above suggested and see if it even shows any thing under the upgrade tab in the naza for your gps. you dont want to see any thing like gps firmware or hardware number that is just 0's
If the gps is a known good gps unit and still showing 0.0.0 or any thing like that under the upgrade tab. Then go see what it says for your compass mod values in the tools tab. if you also are seeing nothing for the mod values for the compass as well as nothing for the gps if you know your gps is a good new working unit then you could maybe have some thing busted on the phatoms main board along the canbus circute or the plug for the gps or compass on the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik