Crashed Phantom any hope?

Reaction score
So I crashed my Phantom 3 this weekend. Camera came completely off thankfully bird still flys. What are my options here? Is it possible this can be repaired instead of having to buy a new camera setup?
IMG_06561.jpg
IMG_50531.jpg
IMG_69271.jpg
IMG_81581.jpg

Yep, if nothing else is broken. It looks like maybe gimbal arms and ribbon cable. Likely $69 x2 for arms and $39-59 for cable for parts cost retail.
Or send it to repair shop.
Or order complete camera and gimbal from DJI @ $389 USD.

Was in the point of interest mode. Collecting some video doing a semi-circle back and forth. Could not do a complete circle because of some pine trees, so I would just pause it when it got close and switch it back from clockwise to counterclockwise. Well I didn't switch it back and when I hit go it flew right into the trees. Height was approximately 20ft.

Lesson learned for me. When in automatic modes, make sure everything is set correctly before hitting begin

I've done similar repair. It is not that difficult, just time consuming the first time. If you intend to do the repair yourself, you can find plenty of youtube videos showing how to do the work. Watch those first. Also, be sure to order/use OEM DJI ribbon cables. The OEM cable is a little more expensive, but the aftermarket cables are kinda hit and miss.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik