Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Crashed phantom 3 - can you buy a replacement copter only?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keith-F, Jul 17, 2015.

1. keith-F

Hi, I crashed my phantom 3 professional into a freshwater lake a week ago - I am still unable to find it. Doesnt anyone sell a replacement copter only? Obviously I still have the controller - and charger! So I dont need to replace the whole set, only the copter. It seems dki will only sell a replacement. I wrote and after a week they said ship them the controller so that will prove I bought the system. Then they would sell me a replacement for almost $900. Thats absurd, the prices of the new controllers I have seen and a charger are almost $500. It seems more than half the cost of a set is the controller and charger. Anyone have any idea?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

That's your only option if you want a new Phantom. You might be able to find a used Phantom on eBay if you don't care if it's brand new.

3. keith-F

yea i just think thats stupid, lots of people on here crash these things, its inevitable, so why wont they sell only a replacement copter is my question. Seems the value of the remote and charger are over half the value of the set.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

You make a good point -- but, it is what it is. It seems you'll make out best if you purchase a new Phantom and sell your old remote controller.

AmosMoses likes this.
  5. RedHotPoker

6. John Locke

If the camera or gimbal is toast it's better to buy the whole p3p bundle. You'll have bunch of spare parts, charger, controller, etc.

7. keith forrest

Oh yea sawxthat but doesn't have camera or gimbal. If they sold whole thing w camera and gimbal then would be worthwhile but whe kits 999 but you pay 680 for copter then still another 500-600? For the camera and gimbal. That makes a butt load of sense. Lol

• QUOTE="RedHotPoker, post: 459880, member: 24941"]Apparently DJI do sell them PHANTOM 3 separate now...

Available at DJI.com

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced-professional-aircraft-body

Somebody just shared this with me, in another thread...
    Saved by the bell...

RedHotPoker[/QUOTE]

8. mikedaniels

Does that replacement include gimbal & 4K camera?