Crashed p4 and DJI found a solution! Good job DJI

Reaction score
MY CRASHED DRONE! Some of you know I had an accident with my phantom 4 drone but couldn't be happier with the outcome now. I had an unfortunate incident with my phantom 4 on January 11th. I was flying in my neighborhood like I've done countless other times. Nothing different here. I was coming back in for a landing, when my P4 disconnected about 1000 feet from me. I was flying well above any trees and my RTH was set at 229 feet. The P4 disconnected from my controller and the DJI app I was flying the drone with went blank. No flight info could be seen. Disconnectrd flights have happened when Ive flown before so I was trusting the software to do its job like it has before. I drove around the neighborhood not feeling good at all like I was looking for a missing dog [emoji23]. Talk about panic and having the worst feeling in your gut! Next day I went hunting for it and found it upside down on a pool deck smashed pretty good [emoji22] It landed about 75 yards from where it last recorded itself via GPS during its flight path. Very strange. So I called DJI, and they asked me to send it in because they take failed RTH issues very seriously. Well 3 and half weeks later I have a brand new replacement Phantom 4 drone. DJI determined an issue with the hardware when they analyzed the flight data in and since it's under warranty the drone was replaced. I couldn't be happier with the outcome here with DJI. I have read dreadful stories online of people crashing their drones(most of the time it's their fault) so I'm fortunate to get a new one. Yesterday, I received it, opened it up and everything's new, Original stickers, and a different serial number than my original P4. They even threw in a brand new battery [emoji106]. DJI is a good and honest company. They could of easily said it was my fault and I would of been out of a lot of money. There isn't many stand up companies out there but DJI is one of them. They are THE innovator in the drone industry.
14d67eb708e716de802852e7f6751401.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots!
21cbf061ac710e35f78964c2880607b1.jpg

79fd7a9fab95396d73e46e80edc57919.jpg

8d5e7bf303353b9df61a17772665a979.jpg
f91f8251c8c495c10fac5d5e60b8ea7f.jpg
Here are the pictures of the crash on and pics of my new P4
bf3667387317a1b77f40206a4d920699.jpg

Last edited:
It's true if DJI finds out that it's definitely not a customers issue then they do good job. I have heard such stories in past too. But it's not always possible to get such a treatment. You are lucky.

We had seen home point getting changed during flights due to malfunctioning and this could be one of the issues in your drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dramface460
Good luck Jim! Hope so too! Yes your right, I'm fortunate in my case! It can take a few weeks but be patient because they do analyze the data and if it's the drones fault they will be honest and tell you.

I am hoping for a similar outcome, although I was not able to recover my lost drone... Just have the flight data file in the iPad for them to go on. Mine disconnected in a very similar fashion as yours, both vid and controller disconnected at the same time and no RTH occurred on mine either.
Was told in chat today that I should have an official response by this Friday.. Been over 2 weeks.
Fingers Crossed...

Very happy to hear your turned out good.

Thanks a lot! I do feel fortunate in my case. Sorry to hear about your lost drone. Sucks! I know! But since it's taking a long time that's a good thing. They are really analyzing the data. If it was a quick decision like a few days then they most likely would have rushed looking into it.

I have been using the new DJI go 4 app. Haven't had any issues with app shutting down like I had with the old DJI go app. I did see a warning on DJI go app not to use it anymore that DJI 4 is The one to use for the p4

I am hoping for a similar outcome, although I was not able to recover my lost drone... Just have the flight data file in the iPad for them to go on. Mine disconnected in a very similar fashion as yours, both vid and controller disconnected at the same time and no RTH occurred on mine either.
Was told in chat today that I should have an official response by this Friday.. Been over 2 weeks.
Fingers Crossed...

Very happy to hear your turned out good.
Good Luck OM! Hope you come out OK.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Dramface460

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj