Crashed P3S

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

Last night my brother in law crashed his P3S, so I've been tasked to figure out just what happened with it.

Per his log and story, it was a straight vertical flight to around 375 feet just to show his daughter some pictures of their place. And then it plummeted from the sky and did not favor to well with the sudden impact to their driveway.

Weather wise, it was upper 50's slight breeze so nothing extreme here.

Here is a link to the Healthy Drone page:

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I've also attached the snippy from HD for errors and the overview, and the spreadsheet CSV file.

If anything else is needed please let me know. He does not have video of this flight, nor was there anything in the cache video on this Iphone.

Attachments

• Errors.PNG
    Errors.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 353
  • jakes crash.PNG
    jakes crash.PNG
    314.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Jakes Crash.zip
    33 KB · Views: 165
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Were all of the props attached at the crash site?

It appears it did lose one.

He's pretty sure that all four were at the crash site. But clearly not attached in this initial picture.

He's going to check this evening to confirm/deny as it's all in a pile in his garage.

5aa37e0dfa1145ad3e892587527730c8.jpg

There's your answer. He lost a prop mid-flight.

Well, darn. Honestly was hoping it had to do with it going from GPS to Atti so he could file a warranty claim on it. But alas, it is not his lucky day.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to help.

Well, darn. Honestly was hoping it had to do with it going from GPS to Atti so he could file a warranty claim on it. L.

My bird crashed last night unfortunate return to home error. It my 1st thought was also maybe I can claim lol.

I have come to realise however these Things are very very good and 99% of the time they work and do exactly what they are suppose to.
And 99% of the time they don't fall from the sky. :)

Dam I love my phantom hope I can get it fixed lol. Might have a little cry lol.

My bird crashed last night unfortunate return to home error. It my 1st thought was also maybe I can claim lol.

I have come to realise however these Things are very very good and 99% of the time they work and do exactly what they are suppose to.
And 99% of the time they don't fall from the sky. :)

Dam I love my phantom hope I can get it fixed lol. Might have a little cry lol.

Completely agree. I haven't had any issues with my P3P or this P3S before I sold it to my BIL. Always flew just fine. I'm hoping I can get this one back up and running relatively cheap for him. But I have not set my eyes on it yet to see if it is a lost cause or is just a gimbal needing replaced.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Wow same thing happened to me Wednesday evening but mine was a little luckier as my fall was from 217 feet and landed the same way in a field on to thick grass that had been shredded and provided some cushioning. It still flies but smal crack on the top shell and bent yaw arm. Haven't found prop really want to so I can see if I didn't put it on right or did it strip out? Really want to know before I fly again going to get new set of props today. Yesterday I managed to get my yaw arm straight enough to center the camera without breaking the cast aluminum. But is it common or possible for the hubs to strip and how often should I replace them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav