Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Crashed P3S, need replacement top for gimbal

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by DanClinton502, Mar 23, 2016.

1. DanClinton502

Hello everybody, I'm new to the board and new to flying in general. I'm looking for some input if anyone can help. After taking my P3S for a quick flight this morning to record the sunrise, I noticed a nice size hawk hovering above my drone and continuously circling it. Naturally I get a little nervous and decide to bring it down from it's 45m height. As I begin to descend, the hawk begins circling lower and lower as well. Getting more nervous I try to bring it down and closer to me (It's about 50 feet away) more quickly but it snags the bottom branch of a near by tree and takes a 10-15 ft crash. The pictures below are the results. My question is though, is there anyway I can get a replacement part to the top of the gimbal that's broken? Or is replacing the entire camera/gimbal my only option? Additionally would anyone risk bonding the broken pieces back together?

2. larrythesimpleton

3. DanClinton502

My god, I think it is! Thank you so much man! Kind of ashamed I didn't check DJI's site thoroughly enough to see they carry it but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Now hopefully I can replace it myself without to much risk.

4. larrythesimpleton

It's a pretty easy part to replace. The trickiest bit is getting the cables/antenna off of the gimbal, but there are youtube videos to show how it's done...and it looks like the camera cable was already disconnected for you!

DanClinton502 likes this.
  5. DroneDestination

Lol! Should be a pretty simple repair, just be careful with those ribbon cables.

6. DanClinton502

Yeah it came disconnected during the crash, I reconnected and the camera came on and moved up/down and slightly left to right like it's suppose to. So here's to hoping all is well.

7. DroneDestination

**thumbs up emoji**