Crashed P3S Drone and very unstable now.

Reaction score
So I was doing a test flight and I crashed into my car and the drone landed upside down on concrete while all propellers were still running while upside down. The damage is minimal to the propellers. I tried flying last night and the drone is very unstable now it takes off and flies but not like before. Any suggestions on what the repair may be? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recalibrate the IMU in DJI GO and replace the props. If anything other than the props is visibly damaged, please post a photo.

So I was doing a test flight and I crashed into my car and the drone landed upside down on concrete while all propellers were still running while upside down. The damage is minimal to the propellers. I tried flying last night and the drone is very unstable now it takes off and flies but not like before. Any suggestions on what the repair may be? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have repaired 2 P3's, 1 Adv. and 1 Pro. that crashed upside down and have had to replace the main circuit board because the accelerometer, (small square unit that sits in middle of board, punched its way through the circuit board. Even if penetrated slightly thru the board, it is enough to break a few soldered connections and render the craft unstable. One reason this is happening to the P3's is due to the fact the GPS unit is now twice a thick as the P2's and very robust. In both of those damaged craft, the GPS still worked. I'm afraid you'll need to replace the main board. Fortunately, there are some on eBay. I got mine from RC-parts4u who are parting out new units. Before you buy one, open up the craft and see which main board you have, because the motors need to match the board. The earlier board has a thick processor with markings on it, (#33),while the later version, (#96), has no markings with a metallic appearance. Keep in mind, #33 and #96 do not appear anywhere in the boards, this is info I found out the hard way from RC-parts4u. They were very helpful. The earlier version uses the 2312 motors and the later version uses the 2312A motors. Yeh, I had to replace the motors, (one was bad anyhow). Leave it to DJI to keep throwing monkey wrenches into the works.
If you are inclined to repair it yourself, there are several U Tube videos on how to open the P3 shell halves as they are a pain in the *@&%$ to separate.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Pretty sure this site has a dedicated P3S forum you might want to check out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj