Crashed P3P

Reaction score
So i crashed my drone, it was my fault lol nothing major, but something came off, i do not know what is it, but i know the drone does not connect to the remote anymore, i found where the piece go, but how can i glue it back on place? What type of glue or what should i do?

9a0ba851aa64454a318e3b22eea0fef1.jpg

e8898cd54b47c8ad468416c0c13e223e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a capacitor.
You can glue it back, but it won't work!
Your board needs repair. There may be other damage.
The lead to the cap is probably broken so at the very least you would need another and some soldering skill to repair it.

ff48806961b09646edc0c96196af5171.jpg

This part seems to be good? Idk? Drone turns on and everything, but then the batttery when i try to shut it off gives me the red led on the button to turn it off?

ff48806961b09646edc0c96196af5171.jpg

This part seems to be good? Idk? Drone turns on and everything, but then the batttery when i try to shut it off gives me the red led on the button to turn it off?

I would try soldering it back to the pcb. Make sure the polarity is correct!
I would also secure it with some adhesive for vibration resistance.

i would use a hot air rework station instead of a soldering iron. and then hot glue after you confirm your connection is good and everything is working.

Personally I'd send it away for repair, the last thing you want is for something else to be damaged and finding out while your in the air.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I'd send it away for repair, the last thing you want is for something else to be damaged and finding out while your in the air.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking, but I also heard DJI goes crazy with the repair price.

I would try soldering it, Capacitors are easy, but if you have not soldered electronics before take it to someone who does it. They wouldn't charge much for that little job. Then once you are sure it is working do a imu calibration on a level surface. Don't fly it until you do the imu calibration followed by a compass calibration. I've soldered a connector back on to mine. Once it is crashed I doubt DJI is going to honor the warranty any way so you may as well fix it your self instead waiting for it to ship both ways.

I would try soldering it, Capacitors are easy, but if you have not soldered electronics before take it to someone who does it. They wouldn't charge much for that little job. Then once you are sure it is working do a imu calibration on a level surface. Don't fly it until you do the imu calibration followed by a compass calibration. I've soldered a connector back on to mine. Once it is crashed I doubt DJI is going to honor the warranty any way so you may as well fix it your self instead waiting for it to ship both ways.

I found out the RC is not connecting to the drone, could this be because of the capacitor?

I found out the RC is not connecting to the drone, could this be because of the capacitor?

Any time a component is removed you cannot expect the circuit to function as designed. It could be the cause. Or there could be other reasons due to hidden damaged that has not been discovered, etc.

Any time a component is removed you cannot expect the circuit to function as designed. It could be the cause. Or there could be other reasons due to hidden damaged that has not been discovered, etc.

I found out the compass went bad too so i ordered a new one, and everything turned on find, now i just gotta put everything together, I've contacted DJI twice to send it in, but they never sent me a shipping label like theh said theh would since the first call...their CS really sucks.

I'll give that a try...this is dumb but what are the capacitors for? Lol

Dave,
i replied back to your email. i have plenty of these but i just ran into your post here and like others have said if you don't have experience with precise soldering
or re-flowing get the bird over so i can check everything. it's possible other things are wrong with it.
this particular capacitor doesn't have anything to do with controller not re-linking anymore so i am assuming your RX will need work too.

and btw to answer your question.
capacitors are used in electrical field to store energy. that's it. kinda like a short term, low capacity battery.

and btw to answer your question.
capacitors are used in electrical field to store energy. that's it. kinda like a short term, low capacity battery.
Thanks for your answer! And for your quick reply!
What kind of problems can this capacitor cause? Just a question

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.