Crashed p3p...power died moments after takeoff

Reaction score
I've been flying for a few months now and just this morning I decided to see how things were going, so I did all the pre-flight checks and let the or raft warm up. I raised the phantom 15' into the air, flew forwards for 10', and then thing just lost all power, turned upside down and came down hard. Camera, gimbal and 2 props broke off.
Sure, I'm looking for sympathy, but has anyone else ever lost power completely like that? The battery was charged and did not fall out.

Post your logs so we can review them. Otherwise, it'll be tough to figure out what happened.

Reactions: Ti22
I have 2-year insurance so please don't feel too sorry for me
Out of the topic: how did you get two years of insurance and at what cost? We would like to use it too.

$300 from drones, etc. In Utah but I bought it before taking possession of the phantom

OK I just pried the SD card out of the gimbal....but I'm guessing the logs are in DJI GO? naturally my iPad decided to update itself at this very moment, but I will go into the app ASAP and see

Reactions: Readester
just a suggestion, because you don't know how to look at the logs means you haven't done it and it is a good practice to review logs after every flight (I think), you may have been able to detect a defective battery and saved your P3 some pain. post flight checks are just as valuable as pre

Good you have insurance, you'll be back in the air soon..

15' is a very critical height as GPS tries to switch in to take control of heights and if VPS is not set on and GPS doesn't lock to multiple satellites, P3 might be in a confused state. It's better to switch to ATTI mode in such cases but the problem is manual reaction time of a not experienced pilot.

I would always suggest to keep a minimum height of 20-30 feet. These are just my suggestions, you may feel differently.

Let's wait for the logs to get to the real situation.

Reactions: doomclam
15' is a very critical height as GPS tries to switch in to take control of heights and if VPS is not set on and GPS doesn't lock to multiple satellites, P3 might be in a confused state.
So, the P3 got confused and it shut off the battery? Hmm.

So, the P3 got confused and it shut off the battery? Hmm.
Haha it doesn't shutoff the battery, one needs skills to fly without height controls.

Haha it doesn't shutoff the battery, one needs skills to fly without height controls.
Interesting tip. I don't think it'll help the OP though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.