Crashed P3A into wall today.

BRO. I crashed. Please chillllllllllllllllllllllllllll. It was a mistake. I realize now that the goal is not to crash. Thank you for this invaluable insight. Surely "John Q Whoever" won't be so sanctimonious. I say GOOD DAY.

I'm perfectly chill already - no mistake you make is gonna make me feel otherwise. I was merely pointing out that these types of mistakes are exactly why we have ever encroaching legislation and regulations affecting the hobby. Nobody is mistake free, including me and I never claimed to be and wasn't being sanctimonious - it's a pity you choose to be hypersensitive to commentary on your mistake - if you don't want that then don't post it.

If your mistake had happened out in an empty field and into a tree then nobody would care. Instead it happened in a more public place by comparison and that's bad for everyone and not just you and your "bros".

Drone flying is under a microscope and we need to encourage safe and considerate behavior - I didn't say you were stupid or a jackwad or an idiot or malicious or a criminal or any other personal attack, unlike you. I merely pointed out the problem with these types of mistakes and how it can be perceived by non-hobbyists or LEO's that can make life difficult for all of us...

Scat, I think he was more directing his comments to me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm staying out of the argument because as usual I see both sides. But to OP, I think the people that are most bothered by your video are so because of the blatant lack of control you exhibited. I mean it's pretty crazy. I spent 20 minutes reading the supplied literature and another 20 practicing simple maneuvers. After that I felt comfortable and have flown daily since. I don't think I could even figure out how to crash that hard.

Thanks Jiggy. It wasn't easy. First I'd like to thank God. Because without him none of this would be possible. I'd also like to thank my family who have supported me through thick and thin. And of course, last but not least I'd like to thank you, the fans. You're all the reason I love coming to work every day! May God bless you and may God continue to bless the United States of America!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Truth is we all need to act together to ensure that no drone EVER crashes again. EVER! And, more importantly if this unspeakable tragedy were to ever happen again, what's MOST important is that we do not, under any circumstance discuss it. Especially in a place where similar enthusiasts gather, like a forum. We wouldn't want crash collaboration ruining the sport. Who knows what John Q Everybody would do to the hobby!!! It's probably best we all agree to ground our birds. Permanently. Or at least until we all get an invite to Imp's indoor flying dome which never has any other people nearby. A place where crashes never happen and everybody is safe and there is never any risk.

Don't bother jiggy. It goes back to the whole attitude thing. Some folks just don't get it. They prefer to ridicule rather than be responsible. Everything is a joke to them. It's a lost cause.

Flew into a wall today. Whoops. Haha. Landed on Sandy beach and kept spinning for about 10 seconds. I cleaned it up w compressed air and seems to be fine now. Lens cover on camera is broken. Anyone know how to get repaired? Anyone have experience with getting (a lot) of sand in the drone? Any suggestions? Thanks all. I'm a 1.5 day old pilot (as evidenced by crash). New to site. Take it easy on me. [emoji16]

I crashed it into trees by the shore on a lake, it tumbled about 30 feet to the water, spun around upside down in the sand and water. It was full of water and wet sand.
I emptied the water, dried it off with a hair dryer, blew out the sand from 3 motors and the gimble motors also and it's been working fine ever since, no sequels.

Reactions: San Diego Jimmer
I remember while waiting for my P2 to arrive by UPS, watching a lot of YouTube videos, including one produced as a tutorial for novices. One comment the guy made was (paraphrasing), "Altitude is your friend." Any time you are in trouble, head for the sky with the thing (assuming you're not indoors or under trees, of course).

As a private pilot (real airplanes), one of the first things I was taught in flight training, was to use the horizon as a visual guide of what is above, below, and at your altitude. The main concern was not buildings and trees, but other aircraft crossing your path.

But it's similar with these drones using FLV. If you've got a true horizon (or close to it), if something in your monitor's field of vision is sticking above the horizon, your altitude is below it and you can run into it. If something is below the horizon, then you're above it and you should clear it. Of course, this assumes your horizon is the true horizon....which it often isn't. And as you approach the object, your perspective can change dramatically.

But the lesson is: Watch the horizon. If you're in doubt or close-----head upward.

Hey, I know exactly what the problem is: you're an idiot. When your drone cuts someone up pretty badly, I hope they sue you ***.

Reactions: Phantazmk
Sand has a lot of metallic bits in it. I had my Phantom 1 crash, had to youtube how to take apart and clean the motors. Afterward, it actually flew better!

As a retired middle school science teacher (from a private school where the retirement package is so-so) and married to a Potter (where the retirement 'package' is far worse), I know I won't be easily able to replace my P3... so I am Ms. Ultraconservative as I have treaded the skiies and learning a great deal from the errors of others. On the other hand, I do have to push myself a bit with each new flight or I realize I will miss much of the adventure. It is a balancing act. but many thanks to all who share their failures! And my regrets for your losses!
Robi

That was pretty aggressive flying for 1.5 days. You have balls as big as church bells reverend, and deep pockets. Glad no one was injured or property damaged.

Best part. How did you get her after the crash and tumble to focus on you guys on the beach? ;)

SD

Thanks Jiggy. It wasn't easy. First I'd like to thank God. Because without him none of this would be possible. I'd also like to thank my family who have supported me through thick and thin. And of course, last but not least I'd like to thank you, the fans. You're all the reason I love coming to work every day! May God bless you and may God continue to bless the United States of America!!!

Yikes I just hit the "Jimmer" icon to check out whatever info he may have posted - WOW - have been reading the posts and I gotta tell ya honestly - I thought we were dealing with a 16 or 18 year old kid - says 45 as to age! Really?

Don't bother jiggy. It goes back to the whole attitude thing. Some folks just don't get it. They prefer to ridicule rather than be responsible. Everything is a joke to them. It's a lost cause.

Ditto on that impilot51 and a very well thought out first post you added to this thread - continued safe flying

Last edited:
Yikes I just hit the "Jimmer" icon to check out whatever info he may have posted - WOW - have been reading the posts and I gotta tell ya honestly - I thought we were dealing with a 16 or 18 year old kid - says 45 as to age! Really?

Goalie Dork - Sorry to disappoint your search for 18 year olds. Better luck next time, perv. Also I'm not 45, just haven't updated my profile. Not everyone has all day to troll quad copter forums, nerd.

Jimmer for PREZ!! [emoji111][emoji111]

...And i thought there were 4 directions you could fly without actually turning.
Need practice on a SIM. before practice in a BIGGER area with person/building not under operator control... as is specified in rules!!
And possibly go to 'Specsavers' ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl