Crashed P3 Pro can't link

Reaction score
Bear with my lengthy post....

Crashed a phantom 3 pro, not much physical damage, just slight scratches and a small ding at the tip of the camera. Brought back home, full charge battery and.. boom p3 not working!!

At first, I use someone else p3 and link with my remote.. its working. So remote controller is ok.

I can't link with the p3 and theres no signal. Normally, when we try to link, i understand that there will be a green led on the p3, stating it linked with the remote. but now, after i press for 2 sec or more, no green led. Then i tried to upgrade my remote to the latest firmware, still can't link.

p3 gives abnormal led status. at times it will go slow yellow flash and when i move it, it changes to red and yellow, which indicates compass calibration. i wish i could do a IMU calibration, but i can't cos i'm not able to link my p3 with the remote.. :(

another thing, my gimbal acts wildly. it will 'dance' so vigorously until i can feel the gimbal motors turn so hot. obviously, this is due to IMU calibration error. Open up the casing, all shafts are in align.

I tried to update the p3 firmware using the micro SD card, but to no avail. the small led light on the gimbal will keep flashing red led. i left it for more than an hour, nothing happen. at times it will turn solid red. check the sd card, theres this txt file stating all the previous update, but not the new firmware.

Search around this forum, and i found out some crash will cause certain electronics internally broke or shifted. I'm on my way now to get precision screw driver and see if theres any thing broken.

Anyone have similar issues before? especially the linking procedure. I wish i could at least see a green led and link the remote and p3.

This is the re-linking procedure if required

yes, ive done this procedure many times. last resort would be sending for repair. but before i send, i need some inputs, who knows anybody encounter like this before

my instinct is right! after i open up the top casing.. i was shocked to find 2 connectors were damage..as u guys can see in the picture attached..

just wondering.. what are these 2 connectors join to..?

Attachments

• 12380510_10153492475569033_1356583854_n.jpg
    12380510_10153492475569033_1356583854_n.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 567
my instinct is right! after i open up the top casing.. i was shocked to find 2 connectors were damage..as u guys can see in the picture attached..

Its sensor (black wires) and compass (gray wires) connection points.

Last edited:
as i typing here.. i found out some printed on the pcb.. and those 2 sockets are compass and view. i assume view means the vision module. and soo... that explain why i got yellow/red flashing leds!! compass error!!

i do have some soldering skills, i see if i manage to join them back.

i assume view means the vision module. and soo... that explain why i got yellow/red flashing leds!! compass error!!

I would say so also - the larger pin-set is VPS and the smaller one Compass. Good luck with the repair - hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: zart29
i already pre-soldered the sockets. done with vps module. and... now i see green led!!! hooray. im able to link now.

left with compass socket. next, i need to fix the gimbal. saw in the dji go app, it needs to do with motor overload.

i already pre-soldered the sockets. done with vps module. and... now i see green led!!! hooray. im able to link now.

Great to hear..............good job!

finally all soldered nicely and its working. but ive got other issues.

firstly, the initial green/red/yellow keeps flashing all the way.
then i tried to calibrate. i got no problem with IMU calibration. I went to an open field but i still cant do the compass calibration.

my gimbal still doing its non stop dance. :( i see red blinking LED on the gimbal. I did whatever methods possible.. (re-sit the ribbon cable, fix the alignment, checked for torn rubber dampen)

managed to flashed the latest firmware for both RC and p3 itself.

anything else i missed out??

my gimbal still doing its non stop dance.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues..........

Sounds like your gimbal motor shaft is out of alignment......Might be your "roll shaft" flat spot isn't facing up and aligned/parallel when the camera is level.

Remove the cover from the electronics board for the gimbal motor - you will see the board and the top of the motor shaft which has a flat side - this flat side/spot should be parallel to the camera frame when the camera is level. Look to see if that shaft "flat spot" is out of alignment.

Check out this video to see what I mean..............

There is also ribbon cable there - be careful not to loosen or break the connection for that (check it anyway to make sure there are no breaks since the crash).

Continued good luck on your repair job.......

Reactions: GunnyPapa

Those 2 connectors are internal, I'm not sure they got damaged by just minor crash. They could have been damaged before.
If you have a multimeter, check connectivity of pins between 2 ends of each connector.
Also verify that there is no PCB trace broken at connector solder joins.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20