Crashed P3, gimbal now has slanted horizon. Videos inside. Advice Please!

Reaction score
Had my first crash after having a Phantom 3 Advanced for a couple days. Went into a tree strafing sideways. One propeller got snapped, but it still seems to fly fine now.

After I crashed it said motor obstruction, but it doesn't anymore. The gimbal is the problem, it's cockeyed and not level. Also, when I move the gimbal up and down with the controller it sounds more crunchy than usual.

Just need some advice on where to go next, trying not to break the bank. Here are two videos showing the crash and the gimbal as it is now.

The crash:

Dropbox - Crash.mp4

Video of gimbal problem:

Dropbox - Video Oct 02, 2 54 52 PM.mov

EDIT: Turn volume down for second video, it's picking up nasty static with my iPhone.

You definitely need a new gimbal yaw arm since it's bent. You should inspect the rest of the gimbal for damage and replace anything else that appears to be broken.

Reactions: Johnsmith5k
You definitely need a new gimbal yaw arm since it's bent. You should inspect the rest of the gimbal for damage and replace anything else that appears to be broken.

Yup after inspecting it many times I finally figured out the arm was actually bent. I thought that the arm had a naturally bent design, but I noticed a tiny crack and misalignment. Just ordered a new arm and cable on ebay for 50 bucks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20