Crashed-Now gimble moves around wildly

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New Phantom 2 + user here. Was having fun flying around learning the Phantom. Got a little cocky and tried to land on my chimney cap. Result was a crash. Damage was a bent fuselage motor mount. Only damage that was visible . Battery flew out on impact. Got it all back to the kitchen table and when I powered it back up the 3 axis gimbal started moving all over the place crazily and would not stabilize itself. Still had video feed but unless the Phantom is tilted way aft close to vertical it won't stop jumping around. When I tilt it back, it stops jumping around but is way out of whack.

Could the crash have knocked something out of alignment or a setting. There was no damage to the gimbal mount or camera. Is there some sort of reset for the gimbal or some parameters I can check within the app?

I have since replaced the shell and would like to get flying again.

It was an expensive lesson to be learned.

Any help would be much appreciated.

C5Loadmaster said:
Hello Everyone,

New Phantom 2 + user here. Was having fun flying around learning the Phantom. Got a little cocky and tried to land on my chimney cap. Result was a crash. Damage was a bent fuselage motor mount. Only damage that was visible . Battery flew out on impact. Got it all back to the kitchen table and when I powered it back up the 3 axis gimbal started moving all over the place crazily and would not stabilize itself. Still had video feed but unless the Phantom is tilted way aft close to vertical it won't stop jumping around. When I tilt it back, it stops jumping around but is way out of whack.

Could the crash have knocked something out of alignment or a setting. There was no damage to the gimbal mount or camera. Is there some sort of reset for the gimbal or some parameters I can check within the app?

I have since replaced the shell and would like to get flying again.

It was an expensive lesson to be learned.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry, friend. You are probably **** out of luck. :?
The H3-3D is extremely sensitive and should not be used for first attempts on landings >__>
You can do an advanced calibration, check the manual to see if there is gimbal software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4