Crashed, Need opinions/ reviews on repair shops.

Reaction score
Crashed my p3p this afternoon from about 30-45ft. Caught on a tree limb and landed upside down. I was distracted because right before the crash I received a "Gimbal Motor Overloaded". I'm not getting a video feed but I didn't see any cut ribbon,the yaw arm is broken and top of shell is bowed out on one arm, motors seem ok. Broke 1 prop. Also missing a led light cover. I'm located in AL , any good shops around Birmingham/Atlanta or Chattanooga ? I've had it roughly 2 weeks. Thanks!
20160125_181011_zpsltytvga3.jpeg

20160125_180543_zpssnesdmwt.jpeg

20160125_180600_zpspda2rayp.jpeg

Cables might be loose, not broken. Tighten them!

Reactions: ryandroner
I see that you have a gimbal lock which also covers the camera lens. That would have caused you that gimbal overload alert or something similar to it. Any obstruction to gimbal movement causes an overload on to the gimbal motor.

Contact DJI support. They will fix your bird.

Hitting tree and crashing is the most common users error. Be careful next time.

I see that you have a gimbal lock which also covers the camera lens. That would have caused you that gimbal overload alert or something similar to it. Any obstruction to gimbal movement causes an overload on to the gimbal motor.

Contact DJI support. They will fix your bird.

Hitting tree and crashing is the most common users error. Be careful next time.
Thanks for the info. I will give DJI a call. I hope it's under warranty. I was getting the overload error while in flight. Not while trying to power it back up.

Thanks for the info. I will give DJI a call. I hope it's under warranty. I was getting the overload error while in flight. Not while trying to power it back up.
Don't get your hopes up, I doubt dji will replace your bird because you got distracted by an alert. It might seem counterintuitive but it is actually better to fly higher when you are learning so you don't have anything to hit. Submit your claim with DJI but in the mean time I would buy a new shell and whatever gimbal pieces you might need and just fix it yourself.

hey bro tell me what they charge you for repairs, just in case this happens to me

If you're in Atlanta, I just did these repairs successfully and could help out. $90 for yaw arm and ribbon cable and $60 for a new shell and you'll most likely be good to go!

Reactions: ryandroner
If you're in Atlanta, I just did these repairs successfully and could help out. $90 for yaw arm and ribbon cable and $60 for a new shell and you'll most likely be good to go!
Thanks for the offer. I'm just over the line in Alabama. I just ordered a yaw arm replacement. Hoping I don't have to replace the ribbon.

Reactions: MAdams

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31