Crashed my trusted P3P

I find it astonishing that you would lay any blame at all on the client. If you were taking flying directions, such as which way to go and especially "You're ok go... go ...", you made a mistake that a professional should not make.

Example: if I were a professional photographer, I might take design instructions from a client, but not equipment operation instructions. This isn't a perfect analogy as bad client advice wouldn't crash your camera, but it still illustrates a professional relationship between the pro and the client.
Yeah, that's a lesson! I was feeling safe because the guy is a proper TV/ Video producer, not any odd client. But at the end of the day, I have my share of responsibility for sure.

Got the quote: £389. They replace the gimbal and the legs. with an excess of £250 it's useless to use the insurance. It's gonna be all on me. Heliguy will do the repair. They have been very fast to do the diagnostic, I sent it only yesterday! let's hope they will be as fast to do the repair.

I hired another drone pilot to be a spotter for a job but crashed when he started "talking shop" with a photographer and stopped paying attention to the drone. You really need a spotter that knows there stuff and you trust. Sorry man.

So it happened.
This is my turn to cry the loss of my "toy", and in a so ridiculous way that I have to share it to avoid to the others to do the same stupid thing.
I was doing a shot for a client, having to get some altitude and hover. There were trees.... you see? I was not at the best place to observe it and I had to tilt the camera at the same time. So I was all focused on the screen and he (the client) was telling me where to stop. I still hear him: "You're ok go... go .... and suddenly, hit a branch, motors went off and then the fall down, hit the ground, camera ejected away...
Visible damage is:
Gimbal broken, ribbon cut, shell has suffered a bit, legs are somewhat misaligned.
I restarted it and it flies ok, still giving indications about everything but no more picture of course.
I declared the incident to my insurance and I hope they will not find a good reason to deny the cover... They are so good at that!
I didn't say a word of reproach to the client, even if he is directly responsible for the crash. He didn't say anything either to take the blame...
It is a lesson: Never trust anyone when you are at the sticks. Only you can tell if you can go somewhere or not. It is soooo easy to ruin the day, the job, and the coming ones while you're waiting for the repair.
Bad day :(
So sorry...and thanks for sharing this...client or no client...tell me what you want how you want it to look and what video you need me to capture and then GO AWAY.... if I crash my AC I want to own the blame, hope you get this sorted out.

P3P came back repaired from Heliguy today. A bit delayed due to the rotten weather we get here, they did not have a chance to try it. They replaced the whole camera block and gimbal. I'm pretty sure that the camera is still good and the only damage was the gimbal though. Maybe this comes in 1 part as itself. no detailing, which is the way it works these days I guess. I will fly it asap to check if everything is in place...

Reactions: Reed L
so you crash into a tree because you are a careless flyer and your asking your insurance company to pay up??

I find it astonishing that you would lay any blame at all on the client. If you were taking flying directions, such as which way to go and especially "You're ok go... go ...", you made a mistake that a professional should not make.

Example: if I were a professional photographer, I might take design instructions from a client, but not equipment operation instructions. This isn't a perfect analogy as bad client advice wouldn't crash your camera, but it still illustrates a professional relationship between the pro and the client.
Rightly said

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31