Crashed my PV2+, Let the Fun begin... (NEED SOME ASSISTANCE)

Re: Crashed my PV2+, Let the Fun begin... (NEED SOME ASSISTA

My new shell showed up today. Going to try to get it dropped off tomorrow, if not next week, to get hydrodipped.

Then transfer over to the new shell and fix this camera.

Sigh...

What's a Hydro dipped? No one have an answer on my camera Phantom Connection Broken problem with DJI app listed here.

rogerm1231 said:
What's a Hydro dipped? No one have an answer on my camera Phantom Connection Broken problem with DJI app listed here.

Customizing the outer shell.

I don't have an android phone so I can't help ya bud. :/

rogerm1231 said:
You might try starting a new thread or searching for similar problems instead of asking in one that has nothing to do with your problem. :roll:

Changed my plans. Ended up doing plastidip orange and gray. I should pick it up tomorrow then off to the shop to get the shell swapped out.

This thing will be extremely visible in the air or ground which is what I was aiming for.

Wow, thats bright. You should have no problems seeing that......from space. :lol:

The Yeti said:

That looks sharp...nice contrast between the body & gear. How thick is the coating, and how well does that stuff adhere to the plastic? Does it peel easily or does it seem durable?

Well... Got Everythjng swapped out into the new shell. Even swapped the speed controller to give me the LEDs back. Bad news is the camera appears to be toast. The ribbon is still in tact but it's still giving us the death wobble.

I'm exploring options at this point. Wether to buy a brand new one, take the camera off, and sell the new one? Might be less than spending $700 on just the camera.

Or sell this one as is and just keep the new one. Only down side is I won't have my flying traffic cone anymore.

Decisions...

Dirty Bird said:
The Yeti said:

That looks sharp...nice contrast between the body & gear. How thick is the coating, and how well does that stuff adhere to the plastic? Does it peel easily or does it seem durable?

Thank you Sir! It's pretty thin. It adheres fairly well, I don't expect it to peal at all unless it crashes, then it's to be expected.

Interesting. Sorry for your loss. I've also whacked my camera gimbal arms up slightly but the camera still works. Gimbal is not super smooth anymore though. Haven't decided what to do. Ideas would be to buy crashed but whole parts of the gimbal if it's at all possible to replace parts of it myself. Have no idea.

Thanks for the condolences.

I picked her up today. The camera is still not working. The ribbon cable is not severed so that's good.

I think I'm going to sell this one as is complete with a non-working gimbal (moves and is green, just can't figure out how to fix).

The colors came out awesome. I just need that last pair of gray DJI blades and she's done!

Looks Fantastic! I might be interested in buying your camera/gimbal. Depending on price. Let me know if you'll sell it!

Pysen said:
Looks Fantastic! I might be interested in buying your camera/gimbal. Depending on price. Let me know if you'll sell it!

Pretty sure it's going up for sale. [emoji106] make me an offer.

I see. Only problem is, it's so hard for me to know what it's worth for me since I don't even know if it will fix my problem - which is a similar one. We might even have the same component that is faulty in which case it would be useless for me..

Gotcha.

Gonna put the whole thing on eBay as-is and sell it complete then

Yes, or pick it apart or sell it part by part. I'm not sure what would give you the most. I just dropped an eBay auction in where the longest arm on the gimbal alone went for £87 (!)

I just saw a plain unmodified one with a broken ribbon cable sell for $935 in eBay. I just spent $150 to get the new shell and paint work. Hopefully I'll do well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20