Crashed my Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 standard broke prop now it has vibration with new props I noticed a small Nick on one of the motors were it touch the ground should I replace this motor it feels ok but copter shakes

Got a photo of the motor? Also, does anything else appear to be visually damaged?

20160801_230830.jpg

Anybody's help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to the Hobby time for bed I'll check in again tomorrow thank you

Does the motor wobble or the prop?

If you run the motors on idle with no props on, does the motor turn seem unbalanced? That may determine your need for a new motor.

If it's unbalanced with props on only, then you probably just need new props.

I can't see the motor or the prop wobbling I did try brand new set of props and it didn't help the motor does have a little ding on the side of it motors are cheap I already have it ripped apart I guess I'll try a new motor and see what happens I'll let you know. Thanks for response from somebody

I doubt that nick would cause your Phantom to vibrate.

Is the Phantom itself vibrating? If so, what exactly are you seeing?

Just set her outside and fly in GPS lock. let it hover in place, if you see it moving a ton or spazzing out then replace, I dont think you need to that scratch is not very big.

Should he do a IMU calibration?

When drone is hovering in GPS mode landing gear vibrating it never did this before it crashed I have a new motor coming should be in tomorrow I'll get it installed this weekend and post back, as a result I definitely will be doing an IMU calibration

If you haven't looked in to the theory's of IMU...

IMU Calibration

You can now.:D

Rod

Reactions: axlework
I replaced the motor that had a Nick on it now all is back to normal no shaking steady flight moral of the story don't use your drone to clean off your driveway just use a leaf blower it's a lot less grief but not as fun

Glad it fixed!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl