Crashed my p3p

Reaction score
So Sunday I took my p3p out like I would normally it was flying fine for a while then changed the battery. And went to take off again. But on screen instructed to calibrate the compass so I followed the on screen instructions to do so. Then went to fly again. Took off I noticed it wasn't flying straight and decided to do the rth and when I did it did a couple of circles and flew right into a tree as it was flyaway from me. The yaw arm and flat cable to the 4k camera. So I continued to check it out by removing the camera a gimbal all together. Now when I turn the phantom on it acts normal without the gimbal off. When I go to turn it off though I noticed it flashing yellow lights at the indicators and the battery flashes for a min then shuts down..... Now are these yellow flashes normal? Or did I just not notice them before now? Please some one help

So Sunday I took my p3p out like I would normally it was flying fine for a while then changed the battery. And went to take off again. But on screen instructed to calibrate the compass so I followed the on screen instructions to do so. Then went to fly again. Took off I noticed it wasn't flying straight and decided to do the rth and when I did it did a couple of circles and flew right into a tree as it was flyaway from me. The yaw arm and flat cable to the 4k camera. So I continued to check it out by removing the camera a gimbal all together. Now when I turn the phantom on it acts normal without the gimbal off. When I go to turn it off though I noticed it flashing yellow lights at the indicators and the battery flashes for a min then shuts down..... Now are these yellow flashes normal? Or did I just not notice them before now? Please some one help

sounds like a bad compass calibration.
was there any metal on or near you when you calibrated compass?

off subject:
why use RTH rather than simply flying it home to you if things are not appearing to work correctly.
by doing so you introduced the possibility that whatever was wrong could go more wrong, by handing complete control to the quad vs you manually controlling it.

once the camera and gimbal are off you will get some different indicators, but unsure exactly what.

good luck!

If you have removed the camera/gimbal assembly( unplugged and removed from the silver 4 hole flange down) it will power down like you describe.

Also when you power up it wiil display a red no signal message in the center, top banner.

Sorry guys my original post was while I was at work.... I meant to say broke off the yaw arm and flat cable. But parts are on the way...

Sounds like you are on your way.
FYI, you might get a camera needs upgrade argument in the DJI go app depending on what and how much you replace.

I bought a spare gimbal /camera assembly and had to when I booted up.

Reactions: forshiggles
Speaking of metal/magnets. Spent a got 30 min trying to calibrate with no success. Then I realized I had a tiny flat head screw driver with a little magnet on the end in my breast pocket. Tossed it across the road and all was well. ( picked it up after)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4