Crashed my P3A but it lives to fly another day

Reaction score
So it hurts my pride to say this, but I crashed my P3A the other night. The good news is that it survived and still flies. Camera is ok too.

I wasn't filming anything serious. My 4 year old son just likes to chase it around sometimes (and yes, I keep it at a safe distance from him). I thought I would do an ascending shot while backing away. I don't know what I thinking as I backed right into a tree, even though I almost cleared it. The spot where I was flying is where I have flown the most, so I think I just had my guard down and wasn't being as vigilant and remaining situationally aware as I normally do. So if that small lesson is helpful to someone else, then I'm glad for that.

Anyway, after the crash, it took straight off and went up to 50ft or so. I immediately landed and gave it a careful looksee. After that, I slowly took it up to 50ft or so again to be sure everything was still working, and it was. The shell did come loose in a couple of spots, but they snapped back together, and after cleaning off the grass stains, all is back to normal appearance-wise.

Just to be on the safe side, I have replaced the props. Is there anything else that I should do to be sure everything is functioning as it should?

Here is the video. Sorry for the wavyness in the slow-mo part. I used GoPro studio flux option, and probably shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Reactions: envisionabove
So it hurts my pride to say this, but I crashed my P3A the other night. The good news is that it survived and still flies. Camera is ok too.

I wasn't filming anything serious. My 4 year old son just likes to chase it around sometimes (and yes, I keep it at a safe distance from him). I thought I would do an ascending shot while backing away. I don't know what I thinking as I backed right into a tree, even though I almost cleared it. The spot where I was flying is where I have flown the most, so I think I just had my guard down and wasn't being as vigilant and remaining situationally aware as I normally do. So if that small lesson is helpful to someone else, then I'm glad for that.

Anyway, after the crash, and giving it a careful looksee, I slowly took it up to 50ft or so to be sure everything was still working, and it was. The shell did come loose in a couple of spots, but they snapped back together, and after cleaning off the grass stains, all is back to normal appearance-wise.

Just to be on the safe side, I have replaced the props. Is there anything else that I should do to be sure everything is functioning as it should?

Here is the video.

yes cut down the tree lol

Reactions: AlmostTan
Blow out the motors maybe, props always but you were a good boy and did that.. :) ..50feet? I would have been happy at 5 or 6.... Maybe mui and compass maybe...

All these Manning up threads are good for everyone!

Wait. What? You hit the top of the tree. It tumbled down inside the tree and recovered prior to hitting the ground?

That's a miracle drone you have.

lol nice recovery... Reminds me of the time I fell on my *** in a shopping center parking lot and got up before anyone could notice my embarrassment!

Wait. What? You hit the top of the tree. It tumbled down inside the tree and recovered prior to hitting the ground?

That's a miracle drone you have.
That's almost right . . . it did still hit the ground, but also recovered. I ascended immediately as soon as the crash began and I think that helped. I do feel quite lucky to have come out unscathed (at least afaik)

I think this is a good example where a gimbal guard can really save the day. But I guess there's no way to say for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik