P3 Firmware Crashed my P3 Professional now the firmware is a mess?

SMD

Reaction score
I tried to figure this out before posting but I'm a semi-newbie and need some help. I crashed my P3 Professional. The camera / gimbal was bent and malfunctioned so I bought a new one and swapped it out. The rest of the craft seems okay. Before the crash I had firmware 1.5.003 (I believe) and it was flying fine besides my lapse in judgement. The RC was 1.5.70 and the app was 2.5.0.

Out of the box the new gimbal, in overall status, said aircraft, battery and camera requires upgrade. So I upgraded the aircraft from 1.3.20+ to 1.5.30. I'm guessing the gimbal was sitting around for a while which would explain the older firmware. Not sure where my earlier 1.5.003 came from since after one update it's now 1.5.30. Anyhow, even though there's another aircraft firmware update available I don't want to do it since a lot of owners seem too think the restrictions are too much (honestly, I only have a vague knowledge of what they are). Now in overall status it's saying aircraft and battery requires update. The aircraft is 1.5.30 and I have no idea what the batteries are (I have three). Interestingly it no longer says to update the camera.

Should I be concerned with my any of my current firmware? I can't find any info about battery firmware or updates. I also can't find much about the RC and its firmware. I could really use some detailed insight.

Thank you.

IIRC you cannot go from 1.3 directly to 1.5. You have to pass through 1.4 which is an aircraft update only.

The P3P Firmware v1.6.0040 has battery firmware incorporated into it that (allegedly) fixes cold weather flight issues.
You would install that firmware with each battery installed, just as you would update the P3 quad itself. The P3P would
updated as well, so IF you want the battery update, the bird has to be updated too.

The GO App is currently at 2.5.1, and is the latest version. LOTS going on with GO app updates and GEO-Fencing errors.
I believe DJI's latest update fixes the GEO-Fence issue, BUT it's brand new, and there will be lots of skepticism based
on the last GO App update.

The Restrictions people are facing are No Fly Zones that were never there before, that will not let owners start/fly their P3.
I'd wait it out a bit before updating if you have no issues with your current set up. You may not want to fly in very cold weather
because the 1.5.3 Firmware is known to have cold weather issues.

Sorry to hear about the unplanned interruption in flight.

Reactions: SMD
Not sure I understand your response. My new gimbal (aircraft) was 1.3.20+ when I attached it to the quad (I did a screen shot to be sure). I did one firmware update to 1.5.30 and it said success.

The P3P Firmware v1.6.0040 has battery firmware incorporated into it that (allegedly) fixes cold weather flight issues.
You would install that firmware with each battery installed, just as you would update the P3 quad itself. The P3P would
updated as well, so IF you want the battery update, the bird has to be updated too.

The GO App is currently at 2.5.1, and is the latest version. LOTS going on with GO app updates and GEO-Fencing errors.
I believe DJI's latest update fixes the GEO-Fence issue, BUT it's brand new, and there will be lots of skepticism based

The Restrictions people are facing are No Fly Zones that were never there before, that will not let owners start/fly their P3.
I'd wait it out a bit before updating if you have no issues with your current set up. You may not want to fly in very cold weather

Thanks for your reply. Question: Since I just did an update from 1.3.20+ to 1.5.30 would that have updated the firmware on the battery that was in the P3 during the update? If so, should I do two more identical firmware updates with my other two batteries installed?

1.6.0040 has the battery update. I don't think 1.5.3 did. My firmware shows 1.6.0040... when I did the update
the update message on the SD Card showed Update successful, twice. If you try to run it again, the message will
tell you that version is already running... update failed.

If there is a battery update, you can plug in the second battery, run the update, and successful update will show on the sd card.

1.6.0040 has the battery update. I don't think 1.5.3 did. My firmware shows 1.6.0040... when I did the update
the update message on the SD Card showed Update successful, twice. If you try to run it again, the message will
tell you that version is already running... update failed.

If there is a battery update, you can plug in the second battery, run the update, and successful update will show on the sd card.
Much appreciated!

I think the 1.5.3 firmware has battery voltage reading issues which may cause the battery to shut off. This causes the Phantom to crash. I would not use that version of firmware. Either downgrade to 1.4 or go up to 1.6.

I think the 1.5.3 firmware has battery voltage reading issues which may cause the battery to shut off. This causes the Phantom to crash. I would not use that version of firmware. Either downgrade to 1.4 or go up to 1.6.
Is there any documentation or tutorials that shows how to downgrade the firmware? I don't have a clue.

Is there any documentation or tutorials that shows how to downgrade the firmware? I don't have a clue.

DJI will usually let you downgrade one firmware version, so if you have the previous firmware software, you would just follow
the steps to upgrade, no changes, except the software is older not newer.

Reactions: SMD
DJI will usually let you downgrade one firmware version, so if you have the previous firmware software, you would just follow
the steps to upgrade, no changes, except the software is older not newer.
That makes sense in terms of how you do it. Now I have to determine if it's a good idea. Several people have advised me do downgrade back to 1.3.20 because of the battery issues with 1.5.30 and (apparently) there are less limitations. I guess it the whole geo-fencing thing. Thanks.

I agree with kphantom. Firmware bug in 1.5 misreads battery % shows lower than reality. Cold never helps, but it could trigger the battery fail safe at anytime. DO NOT RUN FW 1.5 I am up to date on all firmware and live I OC Ca and have not run into any GO hard restrictions. I use both GO and Litchi - like Litchi best.

I agree with kphantom. Firmware bug in 1.5 misreads battery % shows lower than reality. Cold never helps, but it could trigger the battery fail safe at anytime. DO NOT RUN FW 1.5 I am up to date on all firmware and live I OC Ca and have not run into any GO hard restrictions. I use both GO and Litchi - like Litchi best.
Are you using 1.6?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4