Crashed my brand new Plus...

Reaction score
Flying on a bright beautifully sunny afternoon. Using my iPhone, I went through 3 batteries, Needless to say it was a fun afternoon showing people what this thing could do. Unfortunately for me though, my f'ing iPhone audio switch had turned off. I was flying in someone's yard (at their request) taking pics of their house when all of sudden, I couldn't climb. I did everything I could to maintain some kind of altitude while trying to get it back to me. It was at rooftop level and almost back when it clipped (barely) the roof and was sent hurling to the ground into the grass. I couldn't figure out of the life of me what'd happen although I knew the symptom was a dead battery, I got NO visible warnings whatsoever on my screen and I'm assuming no audible warning because the iphone speaker was switched off.

When I picked it up off the ground, I checked the battery and it was down to 1 bar. I only had a total of 15 min. flying time on that flight, maybe, but I can tell you this.....1/3 of that time was spent WAITING PATIENTLY for my P2V+ to DESCEND from a 500ft. altitude. The current update limits it to a PAINFULLY SLOW 6ft. fps descent. While that doesn't seem slow....from 500' or more, it's a long time.

A connector on the controller came off of the board totally and it stopping anything to do with firing up the motors. It lights up, but won't spin up. DJI promptly returned my call this morning and told me repair times are running a month. wtf.

Nothing I can do at this point than send it in.

Re: Creshed my brand new Plus...

Elginet said:
Flying on a bright beautifully sunny afternoon. Using my iPhone, I went through 3 batteries, Needless to say it was a fun afternoon showing people what this thing could do. Unfortunately for me though, my f'ing iPhone audio switch had turned off. I was flying in someone's yard (at their request) taking pics of their house when all of sudden, I couldn't climb. I did everything I could to maintain some kind of altitude while trying to get it back to me. It was at rooftop level and almost back when it clipped (barely) the roof and was sent hurling to the ground into the grass. I couldn't figure out of the life of me what'd happen although I knew the symptom was a dead battery, I got NO visible warnings whatsoever on my screen and I'm assuming no audible warning because the iphone speaker was switched off.

When I picked it up off the ground, I checked the battery and it was down to 1 bar. I only had a total of 15 min. flying time on that flight, maybe, but I can tell you this.....1/3 of that time was spent WAITING PATIENTLY for my P2V+ to DESCEND from a 500ft. altitude. The current update limits it to a PAINFULLY SLOW 6ft. fps descent. While that doesn't seem slow....from 500' or more, it's a long time.

A connector on the controller came off of the board totally and it stopping anything to do with firing up the motors. It lights up, but won't spin up. DJI promptly returned my call this morning and told me repair times are running a month. wtf.

Wow, sorry to hear that... When I called DJI a couple weeks ago, they told me that they weren't even doing repairs as of yet because the product was so new and they weren't equipped with the parts to do repairs quite yet, so all they were doing right now was replacements instead of repairs. Perhaps that's changed in a couple weeks time; however, they did tell you a month lead time.. They actually called you? wow... It takes me two hours just get ahold of their customer support.

Was it cold?

One thing I do know about batteries and anything to make cold put together = faster drain.

Actually my iPhone does this sometimes... it turns off at about 25% (sometimes even higher) when I leave it next to the car AC.

Elginet said:

At 6fps, it should take a minute to descend 360 FT. I understand it seems slow, but it was only 1 minute of your flight time.

RedRyderMedia said:
At 6fps, it should take a minute to descend 360 FT. I understand it seems slow, but it was only 1 minute of your flight time.

...and you can also get down faster by actually flying it down rather than just dropping throttle and watching it descend vertically.

panhygrous pantler said:
RedRyderMedia said:

...and you can also get down faster by actually flying it down rather than just dropping throttle and watching it descend vertically.

Are you sure about that?

RedRyderMedia said:
panhygrous pantler said:
RedRyderMedia said:

Are you sure about that?

Yes. I can descend much quicker actually flying vs. just trying to take the slow elevator straight down.

Mine seemed to be either or, not both.. Meaning, I was either descending, or moving forward. Flying forward and descending didn't work. I tried it and thought that was weird. I could do a forward ascent, but not the other way around. I assumed it was just part of the new update that went bad. Didn't get a chance to post about it.

Elginet said:
Mine seemed to be either or, not both.. Meaning, I was either descending, or moving forward. Flying forward and descending didn't work.

Left stick down and right stick up equals flying downwards.

This is basic stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik