Crashed my baby today, what's salvageable?

Reaction score
On her 94th flight of a young life my P3P got into a serious crash with a tree and fell 56m to the ground. Took me about an hour to find her and she was in pieces. I didn't find the camera, the video file is corrupt and I can't recover it.

Complete rookie mistake on my part, as I was doing a yaw without LOS.

Question is, is anything salvageable? See pics

Also, has anyone been able to recover a corrupt video file after a crash ? Would like to remember her last flight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 929
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 808
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 800
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 827
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:
No doubt it might be made to fly again - by replacing most of the parts!
Not going to be economical though is it, even if you did the work yourself.
You are looking at buying another or wait for Phantom 4
Your controller and charger will be worth selling or keep if you get another P3.

A few internal bits might be salvageable too.
I've seen much worse attracting bids on ebay.

No doubt it might be made to fly again - by replacing most of the parts!
Not going to be economical though is it, even if you did the work yourself.
Your controller and charger will be worth selling or keep if you get another P3.

A few internal bits might be salvageable too.
I've seen much worse attracting bids on ebay.

Thanks for the reply I will definitely be getting another p3, can I do anything with that damaged battery or should I toss it?

P4 ? What ya heard...Mal done told ya something hasn't he o_O
JK ;)

Toss the battery. Damaged batteries is dangerous and could catch fire during charge.

Sorry for your loss and welcome to the club of crashed quads.

If you end up parting it out I will offer you $25 for the piece that mounts the main board to the lower shell providing it's intact.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about that man. I know exactly how you feel. Mine's in the shop for repairs for a stupid error that led to a crash. But don't forget, your controller is worth money too!

Sorry to hear about that man. I know exactly how you feel. Mine's in the shop for repairs for a stupid error that led to a crash. But don't forget, your controller is worth money too!

Yeah I figured I could get something for the control but the market must be flooded, I don't think many people are losing their controllers

You would think right? But some guy in San Diego is asking $629 just for his controller!

DJI Phantom 3 Professional - New

Haha, I got a chuckle at this one. This guy at San Diego has taken his phantom that crashed into a lake, got its camera dislocated and not working (no video), and is selling the broken parts, for a total of $1,267... MORE than a price of a new one...

Oh, and we should get excited because we are saving taxes buying from him!
Good luck pal...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj