Crashed into tree P2v powers up but props won't start HELP

Reaction score
Maybe this isn't for me, had it flying for about a minute and flew right into a tree :x got it put back together nothing visible looked bad. inserted battery powered up TX turned on wifi turned on P2V powered up just as it should. When I went to engage the props nothing happened. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Crashed into tree P2v powers up but props won't start HE

Hefty crashes can cause the IMU to go out of whack. Fire up the Assistant software and see if the IMU needs calibrating. Even if it says it doesn't, it can't harm to do it. While you're in there you can see if any of the other calibration values are out of range.

it appears from the flashing yellow light that I don't have connection to the transmitter, any ideas on this one? :cry: :cry: :cry:

pinfish said:
Maybe this isn't for me, had it flying for about a minute and flew right into a tree :x got it put back together nothing visible looked bad. inserted battery powered up TX turned on wifi turned on P2V powered up just as it should. When I went to engage the props nothing happened. Any ideas? Thanks

SO you got one minute fight time under your belt and already crashed?

Do an IMU recalibration as previously stated by other.... If yellow light try to rebind the transmitter.

Be careful

Remember Takeoff and Landing should be done in open spaces.

For operation of the craft if you are a beginner big open spaces is your only option... if you want to have some fun look around you to see what the tallest thing is and fly above that maintaining altitud...

I would recommend a blade nano qx to start with an get your spatial recognition going...

The phantom is easier to fly than a Nano qx BUT much expensive to crash... besides de nano qx will take many many hits before it gives up...

Take care JC

how do I rebind the transmitter

pinfish said:
how do I rebind the transmitter

Frankly I have never done it but its on the instruction manual ...

Download the manual from DJI... and search there.

Yes, the Vision is heavy, and can fly quite fast. There's a lot of inertia to overcome if you need to suddenly change direction to avoid something. You need to think in 3D - quite often the best get-out-of-jail-free card is to give it more height. Slamming up the throttle doesn't necessarily come naturally though until you have more experience - by which point you'll be in control enough to not worry about the trees. :)

Always best to fly 2 mistakes high and well away from anything that can hurt the aircraft, or that the aircraft can hurt - especially yourself!

Hopefully you can get her tuned up again using the Assistant and you'll be putting it all into practice again soon.

Have you plugged it into the Assistant to recalibrate then confirm there is no transmitter information being received? If you have, and there isn't, then the rebind process is in the manual. It involved depressing a little recessed button on the underside of the Vision. Go read the manual first, though - I've not done a rebind myself so don't know the exact steps to take.

The P2V is not connecting to the controller, the yellow light is blinking on the P2V but nothing is happening. I have left both on for quite awhile. Any more help is greatly appreciated.

I have plugged it in it shows that the controller T is all the way to the left. I have calibrated the controller and it shows all levers are working. I am getting a configuration error. It asks for me to re-calibrate the controller and I do, it shows all is working well.

pinfish said:
I have plugged it in it shows that the controller T is all the way to the left. I have calibrated the controller and it shows all levers are working. I am getting a configuration error. It asks for me to re-calibrate the controller and I do, it shows all is working well.

Did you re-bind it?

No need to re-bind if the Assistant is showing control inputs are registering.

Next step is to put it on a level surface and run IMU calibrations - I'd do an advanced one. If you get an error saying it's too hot just click through it and do the calibration (the temperature error is a known bug).

Next thing is to check the battery stats that all is well there, and no cell is showing a voltage much different to the others.

Thank you Pull_up I will run those tests in the morning. If this doesn't do it I guess I will take it apart and see if anything is noticeable

when the time comes for my first flight with the Vision (Spring) I am planning to go to a sports multiplex 4 baseball diamonds 3 soccer pitches and 2 outdoor hockey rinks LOTS of open space nothing to hit... figure it will be best until I get used to the way it manoeuvres etc...

I am getting a CFG-ERR message "Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters". I have done this a few times and in the RC Assistant, the controller appears to be working just fine. Battery's are just fine all 3 cells are the same output. Thanks you for all your input

Software version 1.08 and I have updated to latest firmware

I'm assuming that your transmitter is updated to the latest firmware, too (or that it arrived with you with the latest)? I'm also assuming that you can see visually from the on-screen graphic that your transmitter function is correct and everything is reporting centred when you are hands off the sticks?

Ok, are you able to run the IMU calibration routine? If that doesn't clear the error, try running an advanced IMU calibration.

yes all of your assumptions are correct. I also did the advanced IMU calibration this morning. What else is there. Thank you again

Ok, last thing to try before I run out of ideas is to re-flash the firmware again as if you were doing the updates all over again, power-cycling between each one, finish with a recalibrate of the Tx and do an IMU calibration - basically just re-run the entire update routine.

If the error still doesn't clear, and you still can't get it going then whatever's going on is above my pay grade, I'm afraid. It might then be worth posting for help in the general Phantom help board, as someone with a V1 Phantom and standard NAZA might be able to suggest something. Otherwise it's a phone call to your dealer in the morning. :(

EDIT TO SAY: On the positive side if it is diagnosed as a scrambled control unit you will be able to get a replacement in. It make take a special order from your dealer but I notice from this European dealer's site who lists every DJI-supplied spare that you should be able to order almost every part it's possible to break, scramble or lose from or in a Vision: http://shop.jet-1a.com/index.php?cPath= ... d00cce1066

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20