Crashed... How do I access flight logs on Litchi IOS

Reaction score
So I was looking out at the foggy morning yesterday, and despite being only 17 degrees, (I have several flights around this temp with no issues), I thought it would be cool to get a video around the field near my house in the fog... Using a preset course on Litchi, I sent her on her 4 minute mission. About 2-3 min into the flight, she started spinning in place at 120 feet, then jerked once and fell from the sky! Somehow after a 120 foot fall, she is in one piece and not so much as even a broken prop! Not sure how this is possible... I was running Litchi on IOS, can someone tell me how to access the flight logs so that I can post them for some help in understanding what went wrong?

Have considered many factors, such as the temp, the fog, maybe freezing fog, fog caused interference, something got wet... Last compass calibration was 3 miles away... basically could have been anything until I see the logs...

Thx

Set up an account with healthy drones, uploaded, now what? I see a little info, but how do I get down to the nitty gritty of why she crashed?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Post the link in this thread. I'm sure you'll get lots of help.

Reactions: Deep6
Any help would be appreciated in figuring out how this happened.

Thx

To recap the events. It was 17 degrees out and very foggy. About 3 minutes into a waypoint mission the camera started shifting slightly from side to side, making jerky motions. Then the drone started spinning round and round while maintaining her 140 foot altitude. I flipped it into GPS mode to take control, the camera jerked once, and she fell from the sky... Only damage was a broken gimbal protector thank goodness.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MTc0Mw

Last edited:
17ºF and "very foggy." I'm wondering if you bird didn't ice up. If that fog was water vapor–and it could be even at those temps–you could have been flying in extreme icing conditions and the leading edge of your propellers or other surfaces have been icing up fast.

It's possible. If this were a passenger airplane, NTBS would be looking hard at the weather conditions.

T

17ºF and "very foggy." I'm wondering if you bird didn't ice up. If that fog was water vapor–and it could be even at those temps–you could have been flying in extreme icing conditions and the leading edge of your propellers or other surfaces have been icing up fast.

It's possible. If this were a passenger airplane, NTBS would be looking hard at the weather conditions.

T

It was wet when I recovered it... Certainly could have iced up given the conditions. It maintained altitude, even while spinning until I switched the mode switch to P-GPS then it dropped like a stone... Keep hoping someone who knows what they are looking at might see something in the logs. I've lost all confidence in her at the moment.

"I've lost all confidence in her at the moment."

Don't fly in inclement weather. Take a look at this thread:
Prop Icing! + pics | DJI Phantom Forum

You could buy a $150,000 Cessna 182 and the same thing would have happened.

Tough lesson to learn,

T
Fortunately the only thing that is broken is my confidence. Maybe its a good thing as I'm a new flyer, and I will be flying much more conservatively from now on...

here's the vid...

Reactions: RadRich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1