Crashed FC40 advise

Reaction score
Hello people meed some advise,

I crashed my FC40 the other day, case was cracked, led not working (one of the red banks) compass was ripped off, I heated the case back into shape and got a new compass, took it out to see if it would still fly and woohoo it took off and moved about, only problem is when i let go of the controller (gps mode) it continues to fly where it wants to??
Went to the local shop and bought a new shell and ESC board for the one that had no LED's .... anyway fitted the new bits but its still the same??
Is there something I am missing?? do you need to recalibrate anything else after a crash ??

Any advise welcome, only had it 2 weeks and was really getting into my new hobby

Cheers people

Sounds like the crash might have cracked the GPS antenna in the lid of the Phantom, you'll need to pull the module out to see it on the backside. What indicators do you get from the Phantom's LED?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Swapped over the shell tonight and the only board that looked damaged was the red ESC that I replaced, I am getting flashing green and red until it finds the sats then all green, flick the switch to calibrate the compass and get the yellow until i spin it round then I get flashing green again.

Next thing to try is a full IMU calibration, you'll need to connect your Phantom to the computer via USB and run the Assistant software to do that, and you'll want to do it while the Phantom is still and on a level surface.

Still doing the same, will take it to the local dealer tomorrow and see if they can help, everything looks like it should work getting all the correct lights etc.

Sometimes after a crash it's necessary to give the NAZA a thump on the edge of your bench/table to get the IMU back in line. Not the first thing to try, but don't give up until you have.

Its flying in gps mode again, I had the compass on a front leg, had another one here today and it was on the back so swapped mine to the same place and done the advance imu cal again and its holding a in one location now, still not sure if its 100% will need to wait for the wind to die down for that.

Thanks for all the help ppl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20