Crashed during testing. Gimbal parts questions

Reaction score
Had a weird crash today into trees(trunks). Bird took right angle to flight path, sped up and Tee boned a tree trunk.

It appeared the bird stopped and hovered(it quit moving along the current path). I waited a few seconds 10-15 and tried to move the bird along the previous path and it shot at a right angle to the path and into trees.

I suspect it stopped(unknown reason) while videoing at 9 o'clock and traveling towards 12 o'clock. I tried to increase the speed (with stick and inside program with slider) to see if it would move along it's 12 o'clock path but saw no movement nor any screen indication.

I toggled to PGPS and tried to ascend and saw no movement. Sometime after that it apparently sped up and went towards 9 o'clock(where it was videoing) and hit a tree trunk.

I have from the square gimbal mount plate downwards off(2 multi-wire cables unplugged) and the pins and vibration dampers, camera, etc removed.

I need a parts dealer recommendation(nothing in classifieds) and is it better to replace it all(from the sq. flange down or just the ribbon and gimbal arms. The yaw gimbal arm seems out of plumb, unless it comes that way and the ring on the pitch gimbal is broken in two.

The bird flies super with the cam/gimbals off. lol

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4