Crashed, but OK, I think? Opinion?

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a slight crash, into a tree at about 20' up. The Phantom 3 fell and flipped upside down, on the props. I expected the worst as I approached, not to mention thorn bushes surrounding it. I was suprised that I lost only 1 prop, carbon fiber as it be .. I replaced the broken prop and hope she'd reconnect and fly. It flew just fine. I went through another 3 batteries after that flight. I thought all was fine until I got home and went for a closer look. It appears there is a slight gap or misalignment right above the Phantom logo caused by the crash. Do you think I should be worried about this? It didn't seem to affect flight at all and am wondering if I should get this fixed? I think you can just buy the shell, but is it difficult to take apart and replace the whole thing?

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 505
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 543
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 588
Yea that will pop back in . I have took a butter knife and carefully slide it under and just pushed .
Worst case you might have to just loosen the front screws in the skids .

Yea that will pop back in . I have took a butter knife and carefully slide it under and just pushed .
Worst case you might have to just loosen the front screws in the skids .
cool - thanks man .. i'll give it a try!

Might be able to press with thumb to pop it back in.

If any clips have broken off internally they may rattle when you shake the bird, but if you try a 'twist test' on the arms and they all have the same resistance, then it's all good. I'd also suggest put it upside down on a flat table, and visually examine the gaps, and see if it rocks to check the airframe for distortion. Having said that if it flies right, it probably is right..

monker thumbup.gif
The tool Sevyn showed you would have really been more appropriate but I didn't have one
at the time I did that and sometimes in this you just have to improvise :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan