crashed battery

Reaction score
Yesterday for some reson I didn't know I was flying my b 1.0 vision plus and it was flying perfect and it was about 50 feet up and it just feel out of the sky. All the motors just stopped and it feel, one time it started to turn on but then shut off. It almost hithe a house next to mine. The battery got thrown out of the quad I can't find one prop. I think some how one prop came off in flight. I know it can't but that's how it feel down and I can't find the one prop. The two questions are any ideas why it crashed and the battery has three cracks in the plastic around thr battery, but it seems fine other then that. It charges fine and I just want to think if you think I can use it still. I popped the body back together and test flew the quad again and it flew great.

Since your prop was not attached when you found it, it appears that's what ultimately caused it to crash. The props should not fly off during flight, but people have posted about it happening before multiple times. I believe it normally occurs due to bad ESCs.

jerbou71 said:
Yesterday for some reson I didn't know I was flying my b 1.0 vision plus and it was flying perfect and it was about 50 feet up and it just feel out of the sky. All the motors just stopped and it feel, one time it started to turn on but then shut off. It almost hithe a house next to mine. The battery got thrown out of the quad I can't find one prop. I think some how one prop came off in flight. I know it can't but that's how it feel down and I can't find the one prop. The two questions are any ideas why it crashed and the battery has three cracks in the plastic around thr battery, but it seems fine other then that. It charges fine and I just want to think if you think I can use it still. I popped the body back together and test flew the quad again and it flew great.

Take the lid off and inspect the ESCs and the wiring.

Wild speculation, as I am not in possesion of the facts of the incident, but:

If a motor stops suddenly the prop can undo itself.
If an ESC or a motor or its wiring shortout momentarily the battery will shut down and all motors will spin down.

Don't fly without doing a thorough inspection, and as you know which prop came off I would start with that arm.

Also I think I might of helped it crash. I was bringing it back to me in home mode and just as I got near me I switched it into off mode while I was still banking the quad. Maybe doing it at the same time gave the ecu a spilt second and that shut the motor down Enough to throw to prop. Plus now that I think about it I don't think I really tighten the props down very tight I just spun thing on. Could any of this helped cause the crash?

Only just spin them on and make sure it's finger tight.

I seriously doubt a prop would come off if the motor powered down... otherwise they would come off when you land. Now if the motor jammed... it "may" come off... maybe someone has tested that with a drill and a prop balancer rod ;-)

jerbou71 said:
Thanks guys. Now on the battery, can I still use it do you think?

Yes, there should' not be a problem, but if it was me, I would glue it back together.

jerbou71 said:
Do you guys tighten your props with the tool or just spin it on?
I have always just spun em on and have never had any problems !

Hi,
We have had the exact same thing happen two days ago. We found the prop a few feet away. The P2 is only 2 months old. We were flying in Phantom mode, on return to home, when the engines cut out and it dropped 40 mtrs to the ground. We are going to take it back to the person we bought it from and hopefully they can fix the ESC for us, and the broken gimble. Thanks for this thread, it has been very helpful. :)

Welcome to the forum shelracing. It's a shame that happened to you, but at least it led you to us. :D

As far as the battery goes, I wouldn't store it in my house or where it can cause damage or injury should it decide to fry. ;)

I'm not so sure about the battery being ok to be used normally. If there is even a tiny pin puncture it can become a high fire risk. Inspect it carefully and at the first sign of any swelling or bulges I would bite the bullet and pitch it. The impact probably compressed the internal film layers and under the stress (internal expansion) during charging and discharging just might set it off. For now, be very careful when you charge it and just assume it will erupt in flames. That way you won't burn down the house. I have seen first hand how lipos can become a fireball. They do a lot of damage quickly.

Well I finally had a non windy and rainy afternoon today and took my V1.0 up and it was flying great and then, STONE. It dropped like a Stone again. 150 feet up. it created into the ground the camera is gone. but at least I figured out why it did this twice. It was the silicone cover I bought off amazon. It is lose enough that the blade gets stuck up underneath it.

So to any one new to this Hobby, DON'T USE SILICONE COVERS.

Ok the camera is toast, so what do I need to get other then the gimbal and gopro, to get a signal to my tablet like the vision 2 plus has?

kirk2579 said:
What is a silicone cover , what does it cover?

+1 :?:

dirkclod said:
jerbou71 said:
Do you guys tighten your props with the tool or just spin it on?
I have always just spun em on and have never had any problems !

Same here! :)

Edit: Here is the smiley face that you forgot - :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers