Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Crashed and fixed gimbal, camera issues. Please help.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by scaryfast, Feb 28, 2016.

1. scaryfast

Hello all, greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

To make a long story short, I crashed onto a palm tree and ripped off my camera, even though I was using the DJI carbon fiber looking guard. Did some research and in the end a friend ended up ordering the yaw, roll arm and ribbon cable replacement parts for me. (from fstop-labs or something like that) After a couple of weeks, I got the parts and after watching three different youtube videos, I was able to repair the gimbal fairly easily. Of course that was too good to be true. I fired it up and even though the gimbal seems to hold steady, it is transmitting a scrambled video signal, that seems to be also weak, as if it loses signal easily.

I was thinking lightbridge and/or connectivity issues, but I am pretty new to the hobby. I had a P2 (killed the zenmuse gimbal and sold it without it, kept the go pro...) and I recently bought this P3A, that I was so excited about and was even able to use it for some work related stuff ( we all know that's just an excuse to fly...)

If one of you has heard about or experienced these issues, I would deeply appreciate your input. I would send it to a repair shop like the ones you recommend, but being in Costa Rica, the logistics are nightmarish.

Appreciate the help and sorry if it is a well documented issue that you have already discussed.

2. alokbhargava

Check ribbon cables please and their connections. Something seems to be loose.

3. scaryfast

Thanks, I will try that. It flies perfectly, just the video and photo signal comes up scrambled on screen.

4. Arcticm39

It may be hit or miss with the aftermarket ribbon cable. OEM cable is bit more costly but it works.

5. scaryfast

Alright, so I will check all connections, but I was pretty careful. I will order OEM and see how that works. Hope it's not the camera itself. It landed on a soft surface, grass and soft dirt, didn't get too dirty either. If anything I'll have a spare cable. Is it possible to buy a camera without the gimbal? Thanks for the kind replies. I appreciate it.

6. Steve G

Check my posts. I am having exactly the same issue. I used an OEM DJI cable too.

7. berlib

D
    Same issue... Acter changing the yaw ans roll arms + the ribbon I have a tilt error and the camera doesn't move at all... I bought a new cam which is working well, how can I test the motors? Could it be the ribbon (not oem)?