Crash

Reaction score
So there I was flying in manual mode in a huge field and doing not so bad when all of as sudden I got cocky. I put the bird into a dive from i guess around 100 150 feet AGL aimed to swoop in between the football uprights. All was going well for a couple of seconds i was about to make a final correction by sliding left and forgot about the video lag to my cell when I heard a loud clang. Yep I hit the goalpost smack dab in the center of my phantom. Results broken gimbal ribbon to the camera as it flew off, cracked battery case and dented phantom shell. and for some reason the micro sd card popped out looked for 30 min and couldn't find the sucker would loved to have seen the video. I attached a sound clip as when I fly i record on voice notes in case i get confronted by anyone so as to have a record or what they actually said as to what they say to cops or anyone else (i'm paranoid like that). I began my ill fated dive soon after you hear me say go. You can clearly hear the clang and my "oh ****" response. Connected the bird to computer recalibrated and test flew darn thing still holds awesome hover so all in all could have been worse by totaling the whole thing. Lesson learned, save the aggressive flying till my skill matches the speed of the aircraft lol.

http://youtu.be/SCbD09hs40U

Attachments

• IMG_2955.jpg
    IMG_2955.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_2956.jpg
    IMG_2956.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 393

Recent Posts