Crash

Reaction score
Well I had my first crash today it was on a my P3 I was using a non genuine battery for the second time first time I used it I lost gps landed it and the rain came down well today it was flying fine for 18mins on genuine battery replaced it for the non genuine battery 9 mins into the flight I got gps lost again and the P3 was flying as if the forward stick was stuck on which it was not, it flew past me to my left at speed I managed to turn it round still flying forward at speed so landed it, it flipped over I rushed to it and turned the battery off.

The question is could it be the battery that made it loose the gps again and it now has a strange noise coming from the camera area but all looks to be working fine any ideas ?

Unlikely the battery might cause a GPS issue and I can't see how it might cause a flip over on landing. Consider uploading the flight logs to phantomhelp log viewer or healthybdrones and sharing the link. This will give us all a better idea of why ianynjssue may be.

I notice that the log says ATTI was selected but it was not now I am even more confused.

The AC switched to ATTI mode when compass errors were detected. This is normal behaviour. Your battery seems good.

I would go to a nice open area free of ferrous metal and acquire a clean compass calibration and take it from there. The tip over was probably your lack of familiarity with flying in ATTI mode, you need to continually manually correct for any drift to land cleanly.

If you look at the log it was flash ATTI on and off all of the time, I was in an open area you can't get more open than the top of the Black Mountain, the flip was down to me bringing in it down fast, my issue is why did it start going silly and what could be the noise after the crash on the camera area?

If you look at the liog the instances of switching to ATTI mode were preceded by compass errors. When compass errors are encountered the AC will disable GPS positioning. This is expected behaviour, it is programmed to do this.

I think I just worked out what it was my mate was also flying his P3P and we had got a bit closer to each other.

I think I just worked out what it was my mate was also flying his P3P and we had got a bit closer to each other.

I haven't looked at the logs but can say for definate that another quad close by wouldn't cause it, I fly most weekends with at least 5 other quad fliers and haven't encountered any issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan